Complaint Review: Marlin Leasing

• Submitted: Wed, October 28, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 28, 2009

• Reported By: Andy — Birmingham Alabama U.S.A.
Marlin Leasing
300 Fellowship Road Mt Laurel, New Jersey United States of America

Marlin Leasing Deceptive Practices Mt Laurel, New Jersey

I entered into a lease with Marlin Leasing in April of 2006. I called recently to find out what my pay off would be as the lease is coming to an end. To my surprise they said I would have to pay $5900.00 for a fair market buyout in addition to another $3715.00 in additonal pay off fees. I will have paid $19,000 already for the copier by lease end and the IRS has already established fair market value on a 48 month lease to be 10% or $1900 in this situation. When I asked how they derived this $5900 amount the customer service person just said this is an amount they determined at the lease inception. I then asked where was this disclosed and she said they didn't disclose this and they didn't have to. What a racket!

I would never do business with this company again. They are arrogant and obviously don't care about ethics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlin-Leasing/Mt-Laurel-New-Jersey-08054/Marlin-Leasing-Deceptive-Practices-Mt-Laurel-New-Jersey-516477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlin Leasing