Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture Store In Forestville, Maryland

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 03, 2007

• Reported By:Forestville Maryland
Marlo Furniture Store In Forestville, Maryland
7801 Marlboro Pike Forestville, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Cult

Marlo Furniture Store In Forestville, Maryland Defective furniture and poor service Ripoff Forestville Maryland

I purchased a bedroom set from Marlo a couple of years ago. I didn't know about this forum before, so excuse the delay in sharing a bad experience with this company. I used to shop for furniture regularly and recommended it to family and friends--not anymore. Like I said, I purchased this bedroom set and it was delivered and set up okay. After the delivery men had set up the furniture and left, I started to put items in the dresser, when I notice a small cluster of indentation--holes if you will. They were on the top of the dresser, side, on the drawers. I checked the other pieces--bureau and night stands, and notice the same pattern of holes in multiple places on the furniture. I immediately called the store to inform them of the problem, and they scheduled someone to come out and inspect the problem. The guy that showed up was a real piece of work. I told me that "bees" had problem caused the holes, and went on to explain how a colony of bees might have burrowed in the trees that the furniture was made out of, and that it was just an act of nature--not the store or the manufacturer's fault. I told him that I was interested in his nutty story about bees, and wanted the furniture replaced. He told me all of that type of furniture had the bee holes and there wasn't really anything I could do except exchange the furniture for another brand. I told him that I didn't want another brand, and that the reason I purchase this set is because it was sturdy. The majority of stuff stores like Marlo sell is basically flimsy crap not really build to last a long time. The set I purchased was a unique brand and not the normal flimsy crap. Anyway, after going back and forth with the store trying to get the furniture replace with same brand--an no holes--out of frustration I just gave up and vowed never to shop there anymore. I haven't been back thank God. And I no longer recommend them to anyone--not even someone I don't like. Marlo is real good at taking your money; the sales people even meet you at the door. Unfortunately, they aren't that helpful when it comes time to make amends. Customer satisfaction must not be that important.

Dane
Forestville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2007 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture-Store-In-Forestville-Maryland/Forestville-Maryland-20747/Marlo-Furniture-Store-In-Forestville-Maryland-Defective-furniture-and-poor-service-Ripoff-265127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture Store In Forestville, Maryland