• Report: #219492

• Submitted: Tue, November 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 07, 2006

• Reported By:Arlington Virginia
Marlo Furniture
5650 General Washington Drive Alexandria, Virginia U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture Damaged Product/Delivered Wrong Product 4 times!! No way out! Alexandria Virginia

I purchased the table and chairs back in September. I was amazed even in my first visit to purchase the table how awful the customer service was...but bought them anyway.

The table was delivered 2 weeks later, and was damaged, a corner bashed in and a gash on the top of the table. I was told another would be delivered in a few weeks. I scheduled that delivery, and when it came, they brought the wrong table so I had to send that back.

I set up another delivery for a few weeks later...and again, they delivered the wrong table. In the midst of all of this I was going back and forth with my sales rep Monte at the store, leaving messages etc waiting to hear back from him. Marlo has this method that doesn't allow your phone calls to go through to the rep, only to their voicemail, so getting in touch with him was extremely difficult. He assured me that it would be correct next time.

Again, I was not...so I called customer service and told the woman on the phone the situation...she says "what do you want me to do about this?" with attitude...and said 'you have to go into the store to handle this".

I don't live extremely close to this store so that was a major inconvenience. But I did it anyway... I went in, spoke with Monti who turned me over to customer service. She said she was going to speak with the manager about my situation and come back, I told her I wanted to talk to him directly, she said no, she would do it. So I let her.

She came back and offered me $50 off to keep the table I currently have! I said no way, and demanded that I speak to the manager myself. So I did...he was very rude and unaccomodating...it was like this kind of thing happens so often, that he was sick of hearing about it.

Only until I wouldn't leave his office, did he offer me a $100 gift certificate and a new table...I took that offer and expected the right table to show up in a few weeks. ( I have not seen that gift certificate yet)

I scheduled that delivery, and about a week before, I had to change the date of it b/c I made plans to go out of town. So I called in, and the woman assured me she changed the delivery date. I then got a call a few days before the original delivery date, confirming the delivery...so I called back again and told that woman that I changed the date. She said that it wasn't in the computer and that SHE would make sure it's corrected and delivered NEXT weekend instead of this weekend.

As I mentioned, I was out of town that weekend and as I pulled into my apartment on Sunday at about 3pm, i got a call from the delivery service at Marlo who were waiting outside my gate to deliver the table! I said to them, "I reschedudled this to next weekend!"...but since I happened to get home at that time I obviously told them I would be there to let them in. This time, they brought the right table! Finally!...brought it upstairs, set it up...and of course...it was damaged too!

There were scratches all over the top. This happened 2 weekends ago. At that point all I could do was laugh, I'm at wits end here. I called the customer service lady that I met at the store a month ago and told her about it...she just said she would reschedule the delivery and make sure they know to "inspect it" this time...she then called me the following day to set up a date for delivery...which I already did the day before with her! (more incompetance)

I just got a phone call today from someone else at Marlo...asking me if a $60 discount would suffice to keep the table I currently have...I think that is an obsurd offer seeing as how I had to wait around my home for 3 hours at a time on the weekend for them to deliver 4 incorrect/damaged tables, and go into the store to speak with someone.

Something has to be done...they are incompetant people with no service skills, and communication within their delivery system is awful. Please take my situation into consideration, I have nowhere else to go. I wanted to make the people aware of this company...there is a very good chance you will end up with a damaged item, a major headache and lots of time lost at your expense.

Jessica
Arlington, Virginia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Marlo Furniture

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2006 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Alexandria-Virginia-22312/Marlo-Furniture-Damaged-ProductDelivered-Wrong-Product-4-times-No-way-out-Alexandria-219492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture