Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, December 08, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 08, 2006

• Reported By:Mechanicsville Maryland
Marlo Furniture
3300 Marlo Lane Forestville, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture Ripoff Not In-stock as Salesperson Described Can't get Delivery Information No Return Phone Calls POOR Customer Service Forestville Maryland

Long story kept real short. You can read other postings experiencing similiar complaints so I won't bore you with all the details.

Basically, purchased furniture on the 24th of November with a delivery date of 29 November -- I was told everything was in-stock by the salesperson Jimmy Monk.

29th of November ends with no furniture. Contacted "customer service" and was told that furniture was out of stock and had to contact the showroom. Needless to say, after daily calls (sometimes 5-6 a day) for the last 2 weeks to the salesperson, customer service, delivery service, multiple managers, multiple showrooms -- all ending up in voicemail with never a return call. This would have been resolved quickly with just a quick return phone call with some information regarding delivery.

I have lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau earlier this week and filed a dispute with my credit card company today -- all after leaving voicemails indicating I would do so and would like my call returned. Thank goodness I paid by Credit Card so I will at least get my money back.

At this point, I just want to cancel the furniture and purchase somewhere else -- Christmas is just around the corner and I have disposed of my old furniture already. The problem is that, like other postings, customer service just sends you to the showroom going immediately into voicemail with no return calls.

I would advise anyone purchasing from Marlo Furniture to enter into the transaction with caution -- unless they can guarantee delivery in writing with penalties for failing to do so, or picking up the furniture yourself that day, I would not recommend anyone buying from them again.

Charles
Mechanicsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2006 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Forestville-Maryland-20747/Marlo-Furniture-Ripoff-Not-In-stock-as-Salesperson-Described-Cant-get-Delivery-Informatio-224401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture