• Report: #119642

• Submitted: Wed, November 24, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, December 30, 2004

• Reported By:jessup Maryland
Marlo Furniture
15450 Baltimore Avenue Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture ripoff dishonorable broken delivery promises Laurel Maryland

*Author of original report: finally!!

*Author of original report: next excuse, more and more frustrating as time passes.

I never thought I would have to write this type of report. I purchased $1299.85 worth of furniture on 11-10-04. I asked for a Sat. delivery to be scheduled on 11-20-04. In between, I found this website and became worried, so I called them on Friday prior to delivery, so I called them to confirm. I was assured that both my love seat and my queen sleeper sofa were in stock and were scheduled for delivery.

A few hours later i received a call stating that the sofa WAS NOT in stock (but would be in two days later) but i could choose to have the love seat delivered or to wait. I had already disposed of my previous furniture so I asked for the love seat to be delivered on time and would wait the extra two days without a problem.

On the second delivery day (11-23-04), the time came and went. I called twice during the day and both times was assured that the sofa was on the truck and would be delivered. At 5:45 pm (15 mins before closing) i was assured again that it was on the truck and that it was not unusual for trucks to still be on the street as late as 9pm. Needless to say it never arrived.

My father went there, in person,to the showroom in Laurel on 11-24-04. They were apologetic and offered to drop the delivery charge for all of the problem. He was then shown the scheduled delivery on the screen and assured that the problem would be resolved and the delivery would be here on 11-25-04. I was okay with this, as it was still before the holiday. (I have family coming in so the SLEEPER sofa was needed to have an extra bed available for the holiday. And yes, my previous sofa was also a sleeper)

After close of business on 11-24-04, while i was in my 6-9pm class, after my father was shown on the screen the scheduled delivery, we received a phone call that said the sofa WAS NOT EVEN IN STOCK AND NEVER HAD BEEN!!!! The new expected delivery date is now around the 5-7th of December.

Yes this is still an ONGOING issue without a resolution to date. I felt a need to post this so that anyone thinking that delivery issues with Marlo have been resolved are wrong. I will say though that I had the BEST, ABSOLUTELY BEST, sales person. The customer service within the sales showroom was amazing. The Sales person was so reassuring and gave me the best service. There was no pressure to "make the sale". When he had made a calculation error in giving me a total on the sale, while making my decision, he adjusted my total to make it acceptable and within what i had expected to spend. The sales person was AMAZING. All of my problems however have been after the time we put the signature on the dotted line.

Bobbie
jessup, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2004 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Laurel-Maryland-20707/Marlo-Furniture-ripoff-dishonorable-broken-delivery-promises-Laurel-Maryland-119642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture

finally!!

AUTHOR: Bobbie - (U.S.A.)

As of 12-13-04 3pm i finally got my couch that i had been waiting on. HOWEVER.... this was still incomplete. I am still missing one of the accent pillow and still missing my fabric care kit.

When i called to inquire about my pillow for pick up, since i had not yet been contacted by them, on Dec 28th, i was told it was on order!!!!!!!!!! (I am wondering where the original pillow that was suppose to be delivered ended up.) I was informed it would be over 3 weeks before it would be mailed to me IF it came in on time. The customer service rep was unable to even give me an estimate on the arrival time for the fabric care kit...

next excuse, more and more frustrating as time passes.

AUTHOR: Bobbie - (U.S.A.)

My father went down on my behalf to question the after hours phone call today 11-24-04. He was told that the truck that had my sofa originally was "missing". That this truck broke down and they were unsure where the sofa was. I personally find it hard to believe that a company would not know where their stock is. However we were offered a "loaner sofa" if we wanted to arrange for our own vehicle and moved it ourselves. This adventure is getting more and more frustrating as time passes.