Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, November 12, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 12, 2004

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
Marlo Furniture
13450 Baltimore Avenue Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture ripoff unprofessional sales associates horrible service Laurel Maryland

In May 2004, I went to Marlo Furniture and selected and paid for in full a sofa, chaise, cofee table and end table for my living room. I was told by the sales associate that the furniture that I ordered could be picked up from the Marlo Warehouse in Forestville, Maryland in July (2 months later).

Within this 2 month period, I remodeled my living room with new carpenting and changed the paint color on the walls with the new furniture that I ordered from Marlo in mind. I picked up the sofa in July and was told that the chaise was out-of-stock and would be delivered to my home as soon as it made it to the warehouse. I brought the sofa (which had two recliners on each side of the sofa) home and realized that it was defective. One of the recliners did not work. I contacted Marlo and was told that they would replace the defective sofa when they delivered the chaise.

A month passed and I had not heard anything from Marlo regarding the delivery of the chaise and the replacement sofa. I contacted Marlo and was told that the items would be delivered in early September. The furniture was not delivered in early September so I contacted them again and was told to call the warehouse. I called the warehouse and spoke to a very unprofessional associate who rudely told me that the chaise was a discontinued item and that there was nothing she could do. At this point I am extremely frustrated because I have now dished out over $3,000.00 for a defective sofa (which still had not been replaced). My living room looked empty and incomplete.

They still promised to deliver the replacement sofa and pick up the defective one but this never happened. A delivery date was scheduled for September 22 but no one showed up. By mid-October, I'd had enough with Marlo. It had been 5 months and I was back to square one. I strapped the defective sofa to the back of my truck and set out to drop it off at Marlo and get my money back.

When I got to the Marlo in Laurel, I was told that I needed to take the sofa (that was strapped to the back of my truck) to the warehouse in Forestville. They would not accept the sofa at the Laurel Marlo. They told me once it was delivered to the warehouse in Forestville, they would issue a refund which I would receive in 10 business days. They also agreed to give me a $100 gift certificate for the all the inconvenience. I delivered the sofa to the warehouse the next day. The refund check arrived to my house approxiamtely 3 weeks later.

It is November and I still have not received the $100 gift certificate. My experience with Marlo Furniture is one that I hope no one will ever have to endure. The service was horrendous and I felt totally ripped off. I will never do bsuiness with Marlo again.

Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2004 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Laurel-Maryland-20707/Marlo-Furniture-ripoff-unprofessional-sales-associates-horrible-service-Laurel-Maryland-117517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture