Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture

• Submitted: Wed, September 28, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, September 28, 2005

• Reported By:Bowie Maryland
Marlo Furniture
15450 Baltimore Avenue Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture Refusal to honor warranty, poorly made furniture, inept phone operator, rude manager Laurel Maryland

My husband and I purchased a living room set from Marlo in November of 2004. We paid the additional cost for the extended (5 year) warranty. A leg fell off the Ottoman, then the chair- and then last week the sofa.

I called the customer service line and an operator answered I explained the problem to her. She took my name and phone number and put me on hold. After 3 or 4 minutes she came back and asked me which piece had lost a leg. I told her the ottoman, the chair and the sofa.

She put me on hold again for 3 or 4 minutes. She came back and said that my warranty specified that I had to report the damage within 5 days. I told her that it had happened two days previous. (Which was true in the case of the sofa) She put me on hold again.

After 5 minutes she came back and said the supervisor said that she would not be sending a technician out. I told her that I didn't want new furniture I just wanted the legs put back on. The furniture wasn't even a year old. She said nothing. I asked to speak to the supervisor. She said she'd take my name and number and have her call me back. (She already had this information) I gave it to her again. It's been 5 days and I have yet to hear from her.

My furniture has been in my home for 10 months. The screws that hold the legs on are falling out at a rapid rate. I am done with Marlo. If you purchase furniture from these people dont waste your money on the extended warranty. They will look for every loophole there is not to honor it. I am not going from just my experience- I have heard other horror stories. Customer service
at Marlo Furnitur ends when you sign your name on that bottom line.

Michelle
Bowie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2005 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Laurel-Maryland-20715/Marlo-Furniture-Refusal-to-honor-warranty-poorly-made-furniture-inept-phone-operator-ru-158653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture