Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, June 10, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 10, 2005

• Reported By:Glen Burnie Maryland
Marlo Furniture
Contee Rd Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture shoddy sofa and poor customer service Laurel Maryland

On December 2004, my mother was very thoughtful to by me a brand new sofa from Marlo Furniture's Laurel store for my Christmas/housewarming gift for my new apartment home. It was a nice comfortable couch until two months ago. The fabric from my seat casings started to unravel.

I have contacted Marlo's customer service so they have sent out a technician to my apartment to have a look at the seat casings. The technician told me that he will contact the manufacuturer the order new seat casing and he will give me a call when he got the word either way.

I have contact Marlo customer service in May 2005 and they told me that they are still waiting for word about my seat casings. On June 7, 2005, I have called back and they said that my casings were discontinued, therefore I needed to reselect another sofa at the equal or lesser value of the sofa I have now.

I have visited the Laurel store, and looked for a new sofa and I have noticed two different prices for the same exact sofa in the showroom and in the clearance section. I think that they are trying to push out the couches in the clearance section because they are in poor quality or closing out the model.

They said that I must pay the difference if I reselect a sofa that is great in value. I should be able to choose any sofa for free of charge regardless of value.

Glen Burnie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2005 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Laurel-Maryland/Marlo-Furniture-shoddy-sofa-and-poor-customer-service-Laurel-Maryland-145677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture