specimen

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2003

• Reported By:silver spring Maryland
Marlo Furniture
15450 Baltimore Ave. Laurel, MD 20707 Rockville, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture Poor Poor Customer Service Marlo Service Laurel Rockville Maryland

I purchased a Living room set from Marlo Furniture and was offered an outstanding 5 year extended warranty, that I was assured by the Marlo Furniture salesman it was deal I should not pass up. My sofa broke straight down the middle, to my surprise after paying over 2,000.00 dollars cash for the set. It was not a surprise to the Contracted service tech of a company that Marlos sent out, since this style breaks all the time.

I went to visit a Marlo showroom and sure enough my set was in the damage and repair buy as is dept. I reported this claim in June, it is now the end of November and nothing still has happened. Stainsafe says it is out of there hands, and the person that handles Marlos Stainsafe claims on the 11 times I have called now which are all documented, has only been in the office once. I ask to speak to a customer service manager twice, both times there were all on other calls, and a message was taken. Today, November 25th I called Stainsafe and Marlo Furniture Corporate call center, all managers are on the line, Diane is not in yet and someone will call me back is what I was told by an employee named Peggy.

All I was told, by your Corporate Call Center is that my claim sat on someone desk for 4 months and now someone will order the part, and this was suppose to be order for sure this time on 10/31. No one can tell me when this may come it could be another 12 weeks they say. Which mean it may be Jan 31, and even Feb or March after I call the service contractor to let them know that the part is in and a service tech comes out to install.

Since, now it is getting ready to be December the holidays are coming six months after my sofa broke. Marlos has left me no other choice but to take this matter public. I have contacted a local news station, who did return my call and says that I'm not the first complaint about your chain. I have documented every call and email that I have sent to your company and Stainsafe which you have contracted.

Cynthia
silver spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2003 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Rockville-Maryland-20707/Marlo-Furniture-Poor-Poor-Customer-Service-Marlo-Service-Laurel-Rockville-Maryland-73041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture