Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 29, 2008

• Reported By:Columbia Maryland
Marlo Furniture
725 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo Furniture Don't know what to do with my defective furniture Rockville Maryland

*Author of original report: Marlo Furniture: Finally...yes!!!!

*Author of original report: Marlo Furniture - Defective Furniture - Update

I'll list the events chronologically:

04/10/2008:
Bought a King bedroom set from Marlo's Rockville store. To be delivered on 04/18/2008.

04/18/2008:
During delivery, one of the stands of the centre support (that supports the slats) broke. Also the slats delivered were generic ones and not the same as seen in the showroom. This is a platform bed and has specific slats, of the same colour as the bed frame and also appear to thicker and sturdier.

During delivery, someone called (possibly customer service), to whom I explained the problem. I was told that I could pick the centre support from the Laurel store.

Sometime in May:
After returning from vacation, I contacted the Laurel store about the centre support. Was asked to contact customer service(CS). Called CS. A technician (Dave) was assigned to come and take a look on 06/04/2008 (Wednesday).

06/03/2008:
Dave calls to set up a time. We couldn't agree on the time. I was told that the CS would call to reschedule. Nobody called, and after a few I myself called the customer service to set up another technician visit on 06/25/2008 (Wednesday).

06/25/2008:
Nobody called. Nobody came.

Called CS yet again to schedule a tech visit on 07/02/2008 (Wednesday). The previous night Dave called and an appointment was set up.

07/02/08:
Dave called at around 8 am to cancel.

Called CS to schedule tech visit for the following Wednesday, 07/09/2008. The previous night Dave called. Between 1 and 2 pm on 07/09.

07/09/2008:
Nobody came. Nobody called either. Called CS at 4 pm. I was told that the technician cannot solve the problem and a driver is going to be assigned to bring the part over and install it. And that they are working on it. I called back later the same day to be told that the driver would come the following day to install and would call before coming.

07/10/2008:
Nobody called or came. Called CS to find out what was happening. I was told to have a little patience...

07/11/2008:
Called CS. Was told that the driver would call on Saturday (07/12/2008) morning to schedule the delivery and installation. Not surprisingly, nobody called. (Is there a pattern here?)

07/12/2008:
Called CS for the umpteenth time, this time for a REFUND to be issued and furniture taken back. I was transferred to the 'Supervisor of Cashiers' at the Rockville, MD store. When I asked for a REFUND, I was told to email CS, which I did promptly.

07/13/2008:
Went to the Laurel store to see if the manager can help me resolve this issue. Was referred to CS.

07/14/2008:
Called CS. Was told that the only thing they can do is assign a technician (possibly not Dave this time). Since it is not within 48 hours of delivery, they cannot issue a refund.

After going through this process for almost 2 months now, I want my furniture to be taken away and a refund be issued. I am stuck here with a defective bed and have no idea how to go about getting a refund.

I am also going to file a complaint at BBB's site. I have absolutely never had such experience with any customer service.

Aggrieved marlo customer
Columbia, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlo-Furniture/Rockville-Maryland-20852/Marlo-Furniture-Dont-know-what-to-do-with-my-defective-furniture-Rockville-Maryland-351071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo Furniture

Marlo Furniture: Finally...yes!!!!

AUTHOR: Aggrieved marlo customer - (U.S.A.)

After many more futile calls to Marlo Customer Service, I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

On 08/06/08 called the credit card company and mailed the required documents (detailing my conversations with Marlo and emails sent to them). The dispute was resolved in my favour (money refunded on 08/21/08).

I called customer service to schedule a pick-up. I was told to contact the Rockville store manager. Called and left two messages.

On 08/26/08, Marlo customer service called to schedule the pick-up (now that was prompt!!) and the furniture was picked up today, 08/28/08.

07/15/2008:
Marlo customer service contacted me and left a message about rescheduling another technician visit. I called CS back. Refused another technician visit. I have already gone through the process as noted in my original complaint. 4 times a technician visit was scheduled - June 4th, June 25th, July 2nd and July 9th. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, Marlo does not have June 25th on record and requested a refund. I was told that the matter would be referred to the manager. I was also given the phone number of the manager.

Called the manager and left a message. And then emailed her detailing the process I have been through and requesting a refund.