Complaint Review: Marlo's Furniture Store

• Submitted: Mon, March 15, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 15, 2004

• Reported By:20715 Maryland
Marlo's Furniture Store
13450 Baltimore Avenue Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Marlo's Furniture Store NEVER buy from Marlo's they are unprofessional and sell junk! Laurel Maryland

In February of 2004 my husband and I made the mistake of shopping at Marlo's Furniture store in Laurel,MD
We were looking for a kitchen table and chairs and found one. We were told to pick it up the the following Friday evening.

My husband goes to pick it up and it's not there. Salesman promised to have it delivered to our house the next Tues free of charge. Tues comes and only the chairs and pedistal show up. NO table top..drivers are complete morons and have no clue where the table top is, so they call and find out it's still sitting in a ware house in Virginia! I get a call from a lady from customer service telling me to expect the table top on Saturday Feb. 28th. Guess what the moron drivers deliver? A MATTRESS!!! I'm like I didn't order a mattress! Ooops..sorry again..our goof up, they say.

So then I get another call from cust. service saying the table top will show up on March 6th the following Saturday and that she apologizes for all the inconvience and that she'll send me $100 gift certificate (like why the hell would I even want anything more from Marlos???) but I say ok anyway, thinking I'll pick out something I can take home that day..like a small fake plant or something.

Well 2 wks later still no gift certificate! I call the store and the phone rings forever ..NOBODY answers it. Marlo's is the absolute WORST store you could ever buy furniture from. Take it from several people that have bothered to report them and DON'T waste your time, money or your sanity with them.

I would never do business with them again and I'll tell everyone I know not to go there. On top off everything else, one of the chairs had a crack on the back rest area. Husband was upset about it but I told him I don't even want to bother with the company anymore and that we'll just seal it ourselves with wood glue.
I just have to wonder to myself how in the world can a company like Marlo's still be in business?? I guess only because the old saying is true quoted from P.T. Barnum. "Theres a fool born every minute" and that's what keeps Marlo's up and running still.

Brenda
20715, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2004 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlos-Furniture-Store/Laurel-Maryland-20715/Marlos-Furniture-Store-NEVER-buy-from-Marlos-they-are-unprofessional-and-sell-junk-Laur-83885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlo's Furniture Store