Research other builders in your area before you settle for Maronda Homes, Inc. We made this mistake because it seemed like a good deal at the time.
- First day in the electricians apparently didn't feel like connecting most of the phone outlets so none of our outlets worked. Same issues with some outlets and light sockets.
- Come winter time discover the concrete installers decided not to grade the floor outside but in toward the house. Water leaked under the wall between our basement and garage damaging our fish tank base, air pumps and ruined about $75 worth of fish food. The water popped the breaker and had I not gone downstairs to feed our cat we would of had about $700 in dead fish.
Maronda fixed the garage floor but made it as if it was our fault they installed our floor wrong, accused us of lying about the fish tank base, damaged our already crappy yard (what they call topsoil is really mostly rocks and clay), damaged our driveway (which after arguing, they did replace the seal coat but there are gouges left from their machines), we had to argue with them to clean up after their own mess, used our hose and water to do their work and left the hose running and laying over top our freshly planted roses.
In the mix of all this they came to inspect our issues, this is when they accused of us lying about the damage to the tank base, which they refuse to compensate us for. Filled the gouges in our yard with rock and clay and threw a bit of seed down, yet never came to cover or rake it like they promised. They also lied to the bbb about dirt they put in our backyard. Said it was 3 to 4 dump truck loads when it was 3 to 4 mini bobcat loads.
- Basement sliding door lock never worked properly. Had them out to fix it twice, still not properly fixed.
- Impossible to regulate heat or cool in the house due to their improper design of duct work. Which Mr. Conklin admitted was not designed properly. Our upstairs has only one return in our bedroom, none in the other 3 bedrooms and the main return for the upstairs is at the top of the steps by the ceiling so all heat is blocked from going upstairs so its freezing in our infants bedroom in the winter. During the summer all the vents are placed by the doors so all the cold air goes right under the door and downstairs. They conducted a air flow test with the doors open and had it reviewed by the same engineers that designed the system so of course they found no problem with it.
- Our backyard is not properly graded so when it rains water pools right behind our house and is always wet and continues to grow moss and mold in the yard, not grass.
- Nail pops everywhere through the house
- Duct work only partially taped at seams
- Main living room and family room have no light fixture in the room or a box to put one, so involves cutting out holes in the walls and ceilings to run wire. Light switch only controls one outlet which are ridiculously placed right beside the switch
They basically refuse to make any reparations for anything and any repairs have been half done
- Needless to say we are completely disgusted by them, they had their lawyer contact us when we threaten suit and gave us the run-around with no solution near our expectations