Complaint Review: Maroon Institute

• Reported By: RR — Decatur Georgia United States of America
Maroon Institute
2743 Snapfinger Manor Decatur, Georgia United States of America

Maroon Institute Jabez Shakur Thief & CON man Decatur, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: I have a judgement against her...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I JUST MET WITH CARLA LYNN TODAY

DON'T BE FOOLED! The Maroon Institute of "Financial Intelligence" should be called the Maroon Institute of FRAUD & SCAMS & LIES. Jabez Shakur aka Bryan M Hicks (aka Clyde) is the biggest CON man in Atlanta Ga!!He works right along side his pathetic partner in crime Carla L Gordon (aka Bonnie). This scam team has been up to NO GOOD for years!! They will prey on ANYONE! young, old, black, white, family member, dead or alive, whatever, they have NO boundaries.

Jabez will go to seek out their "prey", then he lures them back to Carla to "legitimize"  the crooked deal.  Jabez leaves a criminal record everywhere he goes, which explains why he NEVER uses his legal name, Bryan M. Hicks or his REAL age, 33.  Whatever you do DONT go into any type of business deal with these frauds. They have stolen tens of thousands of dollars from MANY people (including myself) so I feel its my duty to warn others. Basically, they are bums so rather than work, they prefer to steal from those of us who do. Their favorite prey is single moms, single professional women, and college students.  They also go for retirees that have access to lump sums of cash...DONT TRUST THEM!  Not so long ago, Jabez actually learned how to make fake check stubs so that he could expand his fraud to large companies as well.

If you have any info on these two or have been a victim, report them to the FBI & GBI fraud division. Don't bother calling the GA Real Estate Commission, neither of them is licensed or registered with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maroon-Institute/Decatur-Georgia-30035/Maroon-Institute-Jabez-Shakur-Thief-CON-man-Decatur-Georgia-948832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maroon Institute

I have a judgement against her...

AUTHOR: AB80 - (United States of America)

If you think you guys got screwed, that's nothing. I lent her $150K with the agreement she would pay me back $180K in 90 days or less. It's been 2 and half years and I've only gotten $1K back from her. I filed a law suit and was awarded a judgement in the amount of $195K which she still hasn't resolved. Everything mentioned above is true. She appears to be nice, honest person but it's a complete act. I've never met someone who could lie so well and so easily, no moral conscience whatsoever. She needs to be stopped!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I JUST MET WITH CARLA LYNN TODAY

AUTHOR: Alias - (United States of America)

I'm so surprised on what I heard about Carla. She does seems nice and she acts like she knows what she talking about, but the shit didn't add up. I have no clue how she got my home number because I never advertise my home number for we buy houses, secondly I found out the house I was going to buy was $15,000 in back taxes, and third she claim to have this big real estate deal going through with a title company who organize bankruptcy deals and she has 3500 properties and 20 in Georgia and wanted me to buy them. $6,000 a piece for each house. That shit don't make since. Half of these address don't exist and the entire thing made me think, and decided to google her name and this what I found. I BELIEVE THE RIP OFF REPORT.