Complaint Review: Marquis Fulfillment Agency LLC

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: San Francisco Bay Area — Gilroy California United States of America
Marquis Fulfillment Agency LLC

Marquis Fulfillment Agency LLC United Family Circulation Door to Door Magazine Subscriptions Internet

*Consumer Comment: Victim in Noblesville also

Warning to Bay Area residents - I was the victim of a door-to-door "fund raising" magazine subscription scam. A young woman came to my door claiming to be raising money so that her soft ball team could go to a tournament/play off in Hawaii. She said several times that she was my neighbor and showed me a check from a "neighbor" who had also donated to her cause. She stated that this year "they" were doing something new with magazine subscription donations stating that a portion of the money would buy magazines for soldiers at Fort Hood and a portion would go to fund her teammates air plane tickets (she already had a ticket because her family could pay her way). She was with a young man (who was her friend visiting from Kansas - and by the way had I ever been to Kansas?) She said it was her birthday, she was turning 18 (looked about 25) and she had volunteered to collect funds for the rest of her team because she was so fortunate that her family could pay for her trip. This young woman went into a lot of detail about her team, the trip they would be taking to Hawaii and her family. She also said that if I donated the money, she would come back to wash my car or do something nice for me because this is how her father raised her. She also said that her father was in the military. I wanted to do something nice for our community and something nice for our troops so I donated the $51.00. She gave me a receipt and said that if I went to the website on the receipt (which turned out to be a phony e-mail address), I could see how her team was doing. The woman, who called herself Amanda Gumns, said that her mother (whom I reminder her of) would be coming by to give me a donation receipt for my taxes. This has never happened, there is no website,  Amanda Gumns (at [email protected]) has never answered my e-mail and there is no softball team. If any one has had similar experiences in the San Francisco Bay Area, please file a report with your local police (which is what I am doing)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marquis-Fulfillment-Agency-LLC/internet/Marquis-Fulfillment-Agency-LLC-United-Family-Circulation-Door-to-Door-Magazine-Subscriptio-578576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marquis Fulfillment Agency LLC

Victim in Noblesville also

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

I so have fallen victim to this false agency.  The real number to talk to somebody is instead of the number ending in 22 it ends in 33.  The lady's name is Carolyn Plog and I have spoken with a representative from the city of Buford, GA and United Family Circulation doesn't even have a business license but CQ Diversified does and it is the same street address. When I called United Family Circulation and spoke with Carolyn Plog she stated that it is a seperate business however they are the same suite.  Also she said she isn't an employee of CQ Diversified, but the representative from Buford told me she is the one that got their business license.  The address of the place is 303 W. Shadburn Ave. All of this is public record and it's time something is done at in front of the business.  Nothing violent but more like a protest SINCE THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS!!!!