Complaint Review: Marriedbutlonely

• Submitted: Sun, April 17, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, April 17, 2011

• Reported By: chad — columbus Ohio United States of America

Marriedbutlonely They run many sites They say free trial don't fall for it, it will cost you! Internet

I signed up for the dating site because it said they had a 3 day free trial. And i was skeptical because the 3 day free trial cost $1.80 but sign up was free and you just could not use the site to contact people. So I went to thier live chat to see if I upgraded my mebership if I would not be billed for a month if I cancelled in the free trial period. He said yes and told me to upgrade they account and contact them before the free trial ends and I would not be billed for the month.

So i did what he said and upgrded my account and site was not any good no real people to date on it and just woman looking for money. So I cancel probably a couple hours after I got on. They said they recieved my request and they would cancel it. I thought good I am only out the $1.80

I wait a day then I got back on the site to make sure I was not able to send e-mails or any of the mebership things you can do. [continued below]....
..... I get on and i was still able to e-mail and do all the paying things you can do. I get on live chat and I said I would like to cancel my account and brings up my information and says that I had already cancelled. So I was like good but I sent another e-mail on the site adn I asked him why am I able to send e-mails. He said because my membership was for a month.

I said no i just wanted the free trial. He said sorry sir but when you upgraded that meant you had to pay for a month which was $34.95. I told him but the guy that works for his site on the live chat told me to up grade it and amke sure i cancel in the 3 days. He said sorry sir but you upgraded the membership. And round and round we whent and never said anything but sorry sir you upgraded your membership.

This is the kicker when you sign up for a free trial it says you can e-mail and use the site like a member. You can not thou the only thing you can do is nothing. So when you up grade like they will tell you to they have you there was nothing free the whole time. They wanted to sucker me into a month or more and I could do nothing about it. I am sure false advertising is illegal but I bet they do it all the time...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marriedbutlonely/internet/Marriedbutlonely-They-run-many-sites-They-say-free-trial-dont-fall-for-it-it-will-cost-y-718629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marriedbutlonely