expert

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: TJ — Denver Colorado
Marshal Genuine Products
616 Marsat Ct. Chula Vista, California USA

Marshal Genuine Products MGP MGP Caliper Covers www.calipercovers.com Delivered caliper cover in wrong color then refused to fix the color or provide a refund. Chula Vista California

*Consumer Suggestion: pay with cc?

I ordered a single caliper cover to replace one purchased from MGP which detached damaging my car.  MGP declined to even discuss this issue effectively saying it was my fault despite the 100% custmer satifaction guarantee.

I needed a replacement so had no choice but to order another one.

I requested the brake  caliper cover match the color of the car as before.  I provided MGP with the car color again as I did when I ordered the original set.  MGP then identifed the factory color code.  I had no idea so said fine since that is their business and they had all the original information from the original purchase.

The caliper cover arrived in the wrong color.  The shipping invoice and box were labeled with the correct color.  It was clear that the paint shop and the order person had a misscommunication and that no one checked the color before shipping.

I called MGP who requested I return the product at my expense for a replacment. I shipped the product back.

I did not hear from MGP for 3 weeks so I called again.  This time they said they would "only" charge me half price for the right color; "split the difference".  No refund was offered despite a refund policy which states:

100% Customer Satifaction.

Return Policy: If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a full refund within 30 days of receipt of the shipment in its original condition.

I do not have the caliper cover, I am out shipping expenses, I am out the damage to my car and MGP is taking the position that its all my fault.  They refused to accept responsibility for their own mistake trying to extort additional money from me.

Stay away from MGP.  They do not honor their 100% Cusomter Satisfaction Guarantee.  Their caliper covers come loose and will damage your car and the ywill try and charge you for their mistakes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marshal-Genuine-Products/Chula-Vista-California-91911/Marshal-Genuine-Products-MGP-MGP-Caliper-Covers-wwwcalipercoverscom-Delivered-caliper-c-1066501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marshal Genuine Products

#1 Consumer Suggestion

pay with cc?

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

If  you paid with a credit card, have the cc company withhold payment until the issue is resolved.