Complaint Review: Marshalls

• Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: Faith — Powder Springs Georgia United States of America
Marshalls
5600 Buford Highway Doraville, Georgia United States of America

Marshalls Stay away from Marshalls on Buford Hwy in Doraville, Georgia Doraville, Georgia

My friends and I were in Atl and visited several Marshalls during our stay.   In Doraville, we decided to shop at Marshalls on Buford Hwy. This visit would also provide the opportunity to return a top that I previously purchased at Marshalls in East Point, Ga.  BIG MISTAKE!

My friends shopped while I processed my return.  The manager (Derek) and the coordinator (Tremise) took the return to the back counter and whispered unprofessionally for approx. 10 minutes.. then refused to process the $7.50 return.  We were told the merchandise tag (which matched the receipt) did not match the merchandise.  I was floored!  I am not sure how this happened and as a customer, not my problem to figure out!  The manager made me feel as though I was trying to pull a scam!  On top of that... HE WAS EXTREMELY RUDE!  The manager TOLD me to return the merchandise to the store where purchased and refused to call the store on my behalf.   Treat a customer like this for $7.50!!!  WOW!!

I notified my friends of how I was treated and everything they had selected to purchase, was returned to the rack... NEVER to shop there again!

I called back to ask for the manager's name, and was placed on hold for an unacceptable extended period of time  a lady returned to the phone and I asked again for the managers name, she hung up on me.  As a longtime customer, I was devastated! The behavior of the manager and the coordinator was unprofessional and they do not possess the skills to represent an established business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2011 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marshalls/Doraville-Georgia-/Marshalls-Stay-away-from-Marshalls-on-Buford-Hwy-in-Doraville-Georgia-Doraville-Georgi-773706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marshalls