Complaint Review: Martelle C Store

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: IowaFarmer — Iowa City Iowa United States of America
Martelle C Store
400 South Military Street Martelle, IA 52305 Martelle, Iowa United States of America

Martelle C Store Jayne Tuetken, JT & JT Corporation, 221 N Chestnut St Monticello, Iowa 52310 Where They Treat Customers as Criminals Martelle, Iowa

Over the past 2 years, I estimate I spent over $6,000 on gas here on my commute. Yesterday, after I gassed up, I found I had left my wallet at home.  I came in to arrange payment, as I had my credit card number but not the actual card.  The owner, Jayne Tuetken, was rude and aggressive.  She refused to run my card number, yelled at me in front of other customers, saying I just gotta get paid!, physically took my vehicle registration from me without permission, and threatened
to have me arrested as a drive-off.  I came back several hours later with cash, but the store was closed.  When I came in the next day (with cash) she refused to apologize, told me I had to understand how many drive-offs she had, and told me I should thank her for not having me arrested on the spot (even though I had paid in cash!).  Maybe Jayne Tuetken and the Martelle C-Store just gotta get paid but never again by me, as I am no longer their customer.

In looking up the store, I noticed they have several health code violations over the last few years as well, including not labeling
containers that contain toxic items:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Martelle-C-Store/Martelle-Iowa-52305/Martelle-C-Store-Jayne-Tuetken-JT-JT-Corporation-221-N-Chestnut-St-Monticello-Iowa-52-966108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Martelle C Store