Complaint Review: Marten Transport

• Submitted: Sat, March 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 10, 2009

• Reported By:doniphan Nebraska
Marten Transport
129 Marten Way Mondovi, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Marten Transport refused last wages and falsified an abandonment to dac Mondovi Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: What?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Do Not Understand Your Confusion

i worked for marten trans. july 04 to may 05 and i couldnt take it anymore. i put my two weeks notice in at home one time after talkin to a former boss that actually talked me into getting my cdl. load after load was cancelled sometimes i got all the way to the shipper in mass or ri. before i'd find out it was cancelled one time the load never existed!!! 7 and a half weeks later some lady my "driver manager" mine quit, said we got a load?? i said i gave my notice almost 8 weeks ago she said no it was 9 days ago......i was in the landfill unloading my trailer never got paid 3 weeks later a tow truck showed up... i think its neglect on their part.

Stressed_out
doniphan, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2008 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marten-Transport/Mondovi-Wisconsin/Marten-Transport-refused-last-wages-and-falsified-an-abandonment-to-dac-Mondovi-Wisconsin-318266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marten Transport

What?

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

This makes no sense.

Okay, you gave notice.  Marten takes that pretty serious, and will begin routing you to a terminal almost immediately if they can't talk you out of it within a day or two.  You had worked for Marten for more than six months, so your obligation to them was over, and you had another job lined up.

Up until that point, I understand what is going on.

Yet, despite having given two weeks notice, you continued to work for them for another almost eight weeks?  Loads were repeatedly canceled?  Strictly from a business perspective, that makes no sense.  I've had three canceled loads with Marten in 4 years, but I've never heard of a series of canceled loads over weeks before.

And, not getting paid for three weeks?  Marten has absolutely NEVER missed a payroll, so this part I simply don't believe.

And then a new fleet manager claims you gave notice only nine days before?

And it took three weeks for a tow truck to show up to repo the rig?  No way!  A day or two, maybe, but three weeks?  Either you're wrong about the timing, or you hid the rig and disabled the Qualcomm.

I have a hard time understanding your story to begin with, but what little I could make out doesn't make sense.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Do Not Understand Your Confusion

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

"i worked for marten trans. july 04 to may 05 and i couldnt take it anymore. i put my two weeks notice in at home one time after talkin to a former boss that actually talked me into getting my cdl. load after load was cancelled sometimes i got all the way to the shipper in mass or ri. before i'd find out it was cancelled one time the load never existed!!! "

ok, you gave 2 weeks notice, I'm not sure why you gave them notice as you were not required to do so, but let's accept that you gave them notice.

"7 and a half weeks later some lady my 'driver manager' mine quit, said we got a load?? i said i gave my notice almost 8 weeks ago she said no it was 9 days ago...."

If you gave 2 weeks notice, why then are you having a conversation with a DM 7 & 1/2 weeks later.

"..i was in the landfill unloading my trailer never got paid 3 weeks later a tow truck showed up... i think its neglect on their part."

So 3 weeks after having a conversation with your DM they came and got the truck? Why did you not return the truck? Sounds like abandonment if this truck isnt utilized for 3 weeks and you havent returned it, even if you abandoned it in your driveway.

I'm not sure I understand your confusion. Wouldn't Marten be entitled to recoup the cost of having to have a towtruck go and pickup one of their trucks?

poverty