Complaint Review: Martin Ofurum - Summit Finance Company

• Submitted: Wed, November 05, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2003

• Reported By:Kansas City Kansas
Martin Ofurum - Summit Finance Company
Justina Ilchie, No. 16 Marina Street, Lagos Nigeria,...block 5 Apt 2 Festac Town, Lagos Nigeria....summit Finance Company Limited No. 6 Ajale Street O Internet Nigeria
  • Phone: 011-234-802-356-783
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Martin Ofurum - Justina Ilechie - Dos Abdullah - Summit Finance Company Limited ripoff, scam, impostor, his spelling sucks Lagos, Internet

I went through a month long relationship with my Attorney from Nigeria. Although it was a scam, it was fun to see what he was going to write each day. His spelling and grammer is in need of a lot of work. I sent an email to a "real law firm" in Nigeria asking about this guy. My answer said he was a real attorney and the finance co really exist. But the Martin Ofurum sending me this mail is an impostor. No money for me. I thanked them and sent the information I had to them to deal with.

It's only been a couple of days, but since I sent the letter to the real law firm I haven't heard from Martin. I miss the fun, but after a while he quit being interested in answering anything I wrote and was asking about sending money. He even paid part of the processing fee! Dumb, I know, I sent him 200. O well. It was very interesting, and educational.

It is so believing. The email address for the finance company looks very real. I have been talking to them via, email. Its just unbelievable. It would be such a dream come true that it's hard to resist. I have some of the addresses and phone numbers, which I have called and talked to him with. I even have the email and address of the finance company. After talking to the finance company, via email, I really thought it was real. The steel company that the cousin worked for was also real. Amazing what your dreams can make you believe. These are few of the email I received from him and the finance company. The addresses I have for the "Attorney" are: (clues to look for)(he has two addresses and neither is a firm)
martin_ofurumesq@netzero.com
martin esq2000@yahoo.com

also the addresses he ask me to send the processing fee were:

Justina Ilechie (his secretary has two addresses??)
No. 16, Marina Street
Lagos, Nigeria

or

Justina Ilechie
Block 5 Apt 2
Festac Town
Lagos, Nigeria

The phone number I called and talked to him was:

011-234-802-356-7836

From: "Summit Finance Company Limited" | This is spam | Add to Address Book
To: athena
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:11:43 -0500
Subject: Account of Mr. Robert Wiseman (the address here is spelled funny, ie financier)

Dorothy,

Response to your request to retrieve the account of Mr. Robert W.(Deceased); in other that we will gratify your request please submit to us the original copies of the under listed documents to enable us verify and process your application.

i. Account Holder Certificate.
ii. Death Certificate of the Deceased.
iii. Court Affidavit of Claim.
iv. Probate Award Certificate.
v. Copy of valid identification such as Driver License, Passport etc.
vi A valid Bank Account for the transfer of the inheritance
vii. Cash payment of Seven Hundred US Dollars (US$700.00) processing fee.

Thus, until we receive and confirmed the above-mentioned requisites we are not obliged to disclose to you any information of the account but shall transfer the funds contained in the account of the deceased to you within 7 working days we receive and confirmed the aforementioned requisites.

For official reasons, please you are advised to provide the requisites within the period of three (3) working days from date of this mail.

Regards,

Doz Abdullah
Senior Account Manager

From: "Summit Finance Company Limited" | Add to Address Book
To: athena
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:16:27 -0500
Subject: Transaction Process

Dorothy,

We have confirmed your documents with the issuance authority and applied for the Approval of Fund Transfer from the Fund Transfer Monitory Department (FTMD), a federal government of Nigeria parastatal that
monitors every fund transfer in and out of the country.

We were unable to obtain the Approval of Fund Transfer consequent that the FTMD requested for a Terrorist/Drug Clearance Certificate and 2 years Tax Payment Confirmation Receipt of the Deposit Account. No tax has
been paid for that past years the deceased died.

Thus, be advised to send us copy of your Terrorist/Drug Clearance Certificate and also contact your attorney to go the Board of Inland Revenue for the 2 years tax clearance. Hopefully you can send us the documents
by fax today thus, I shall credit your designated bank account and fax to you the fund transfer confirmation slip before we close office
today.

Regards,

Doz Abdullar(the poor guy can't spell his own name Abdullah)
Senior Account Manager
Summit Finance Company Limited
No. 6, Ajale Street off Marina Lagos - Nigeria.
Tel: 234-1-7765362
Fax: 234-1-7591869
Email: sfcl@financier.com
(OK, just dreaming.)

Dorothy
Kansas City, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2003 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Martin-Ofurum-Summit-Finance-Company/internet/Martin-Ofurum-Justina-Ilechie-Dos-Abdullah-Summit-Finance-Company-Limited-ripoff-sc-71126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Martin Ofurum - Summit Finance Company