Complaint Review: Martin and lane

• Reported By: Anonymous819 — Brooklyn New York
Martin and lane
Internet USA

Martin and lane RIPOFF and POSSIBLE iDENTITY THIEF!!!!! Internet

Hello, I also in addition to the other individual who filed a report, was seeking employment and received an interview email from 'Susan lane'. The offer was oh so convenient and of course close to my home so I proceeded to fill out the online application.  (In the email they specifically noted that i do this application on a computer and not any mobile devices)  Then it lead me to 'the credit report'. I stopped because my instinct was telling me to, so I went back to the email and I clicked the link provided. I immediately sent an email inquiring about the credit check, because never in my career have I ever been asked to do a credit report while filing out a job application. In addition to that I also called the number to speak with someone just to ensure that they was a legit company And as expected automated and then answering machines which stated the number was busy and I should leave a message!!.. INSPITE of this red flag I still continued on to do the credit report and continued the application. Since then I have been calling the number and have not gotten an answer nor a response to me messag. I was not satisfied so I decided to look into the company and the address.... Waitttt for it!!! The address is legit its actually a building in the city with numerous companies on the several floors and I called the front desk of the building and the gentleman could NOT identify with this company!. So please beware!!!. I already called to confirm with the credit report company who I ran my credit with and checked to see if any activities took place that I didn't know about and I am monitoring my credit!. I am also making my way down to the location to comfim that this company is NOT at that address.  Again people please be cautious of the 'too good to be true' job offers!!. I know it's difficult and you are in need to employment so learn from my mistake and look into the companies you are entrusting with your credentials before you apply!.   Im freaking out right now because i have no idea who and if these people are legit and they have all my information, Name, Address, D.O.D.... and my SSN!!...I will update this post as soon as I get more info on this 'Martin and lane' character.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Martin-and-lane/internet/Martin-and-lane-RIPOFF-and-POSSIBLE-iDENTITY-THIEF-Internet-1072551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Martin and lane