- Report: #657423
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Marvin A. Lohmeyer
Marvin A. Lohmeyer4550 W. 89th. Way Westminster, Colorado United States of America
Xlibris is very confusing to deal with to get a book published after paying for service. Westminster, Colorado
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
After paying to have a book published Xlibris provides a very confusing interaction. I was passed around to at least six different individuals to get my book to print.
1. Xlibris customer representatives have difficulty with understanding and following through with the very basic of requests made during the proofing stage of publishing.
2. After request are made and proofing is supposedly made author copies were sent they still had the printing mistakes that had be addressed by me.
3. Now Xlibris wants to charge me another $300.00 for change request plus $2.00 for each change.
4. This whole process, to date, has taken seven months for a book that is 142 pages in length and contains 51 poems and six short stories.
5. They provided little, if any, proofing for documents sent via internet for their screening.
This should have been an active and fun process, however, it has been very frustrating. I feel very unsatisfied for the dollars I invested in this process.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2010 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marvin-A-Lohmeyer/Westminster-Colorado-80031/Xlibris-is-very-confusing-to-deal-with-to-get-a-book-published-after-paying-for-service-657423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.