Complaint Review: Mary Jane Elliott, Attorney at law

• Updated: Mon, November 16, 2009

• Reported By: Marc R. — Bloomfield Hills Michigan United States of America
Mary Jane Elliott, Attorney at law
24300 Karim Blvd Novi, Michigan United States of America

Mary Jane Elliott, Attorney at law Demanded I pay a debt I never incurred. Novi, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: It's a scam

*General Comment: It a scam

My phone rang yesterday and hung up before I could answer.  I called back and a woman named Venus told me a judgment had been made against me by a judge on a credit card debt that had never been paid.   I'd never heard of the credit card nor would Venus supply me with any information regarding the account number, etc. She refused to send me a copy of the judgment but claimed I'd been sent numerous notices.  Neither my wife nor I know of this.  When I pressed further for documentation, she became terse and rude, then told me further legal action would be taken.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2009 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mary-Jane-Elliott-Attorney-at-law/Novi-Michigan-48375/Mary-Jane-Elliott-Attorney-at-law-Demanded-I-pay-a-debt-I-never-incurred-Novi-Michigan-523968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mary Jane Elliott, Attorney at law

It's a scam

AUTHOR: Honeywell - (USA)

I wouldn't give it another thought.  There are so many scams out there.  No one has a job so they have all kinds of time to come up with these stupid scams.  I get these Nigerian scam letters by the dozens every day.

I actually play along with it for about a week until they get so dam frustrated, then I let them know that I'm not an idiot and how much of their time I enjoyed wasting.   More often then not, they still don't give up.  But it amuses me.

#2 General Comment

It a scam

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

I believe this could be some one trying to scam you out of your money.If this person is refusing to give you comfrimation on this so called debt she says you have this tells me that  this is a scam . If she calls again I would tell this caller either you give me written documentatipn on this or I will have the DA contact you