Complaint Review: Mary Jane Elliott

• Updated: Sun, May 15, 2011

• Reported By: Denise — Detroit Michigan United States of America
Mary Jane Elliott
24300 Karim Blvd Novi,, Michigan United States of America

Mary Jane Elliott Mary Jane Elliott Law Firm Took money from my salary and will not return it to me Novi, , Michigan

*Consumer Comment: never never

*General Comment: Mary Jane Elliott

I received a Notice of Garnishment from Mary Jane Elliott when I arrived home on March 2nd. that I owed $2200.00 for an outstanding bill at J.C.Penny's that was about 4 or 5 years old.  I did not make the charge, so was not aware of it, as this was the first  notice I had received from the law office. Upon checking I found that my daughter who lives in another state did make the charge.

I called my mother in Tampa, who graciously had a 3-way call with me and the law office the next morning.  We were told if the amount was paid, the garnishment would be dropped.  This was on March 3rd.  My mother went to Wal Marts, got a Money Gram for the total amount and paid it before 12Noon as agreed to.

My pay for March 3rd was not garnished, but on March 17th it was, for the amount of $467.00.  We have checked with Mary Jane Elliott's office and told that they never received the money.  After being hung up on by Peggy in their office, and contacting HR at my place of employment, I was told that the "stop garnishment" was received on March 16th and the funds were withheld and sent to Mary Jane Elliott on March 21st at the law office in Novi.  After daily calls, I have never been told when I will, or if I will receive my money.  I am not sure if my check will be garnished today or not yet.  I did have a copy of the cease order faxed to me, and I took it directly to my employer, as they said the one they got from Mary Jane Elliott's office was not done correctly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2011 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mary-Jane-Elliott/Novi-Michigan-48375/Mary-Jane-Elliott-Mary-Jane-Elliott-Law-Firm-Took-money-from-my-salary-and-will-not-return-712627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mary Jane Elliott

never never

AUTHOR: miodick - (United States of America)

Never make a deal with Mary Jane Elliott, she will screw you over for more money.  IF you make a deal make sure you make your payments on time and make sure she cuts out the interest clause and make sure she deleats the tax return item from her offers.  She will take your tax returns forever.  REMEMBER...she is a money grubbing crook and she CAN NOT be trusted for anything.  I know from experience from dealing with her.  She is a greedy, greedy bi*ch!!!

#2 General Comment

Mary Jane Elliott

AUTHOR: miodick - (United States of America)

I have had dealings with Mary Jane and she is the most disrespectful person I know.  I think she had a faultering legal business that has having hard times in this economy and decided to go after the "easy" money by buying up debt and going after the people that had that debt.  Many of these people lost everything, homes, jobs, etc but ol Mary Jane still keeps after them to pay up or else.  She buys debt for pennies and gets the gravy if anybody pays or can be screwed out of it.  There is no heart in Mary Jane Elliott she is just a cold cold person that only cares about the money.  Scum would be too good to describe her.  I feel sorry for anybody that has anything to do with her.  Unfortunatly the judges seem to be on her side and not the poor victims as I have recently veiwed in a Brighton court (Brennen).  It was a shame how this lawyer was able to pound on these poor people who had recently lost everything they had but in the end the judge found the case in Mary Janes favor.  She needs to lose everything so she can see what it fels like to be desperate avery hour of every day of her life like many others are right now with no end in sight.