Complaint Review: Masala World

• Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: Valor — Rittman Ohio
Masala World
Summit Mall Akron, Ohio USA

Masala World in the Akron Summit Mall is a Rip-Off! Don't work for these people or eat there! Akron Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: He is just a disgruntuled former employee

I worked for Masala World, an Indian restaurant in the Summit Mall in West Akron, Ohio. I was hired as an Assistant manager, and it was agreed that I would make $12. per hour before I ever worked a day. After working there for a week, Anand, the owner, said that he wanted to pay me a salary of $500 per week instead of $12 per hour. I was working around 50 or 60 hours per week, and that would bring my pay down to less than $10 per hour. I said no. He said that he needed to crunch some numbers, and see what he could do.

I finished out the day and the next day as well. Again, on the next day, the owner said that he would only pay me salary, and so I quit. I had to make threat after threat and eventually he gave me a total of $400 cash. I had worked around 60 hours, and so he owed me $720. Which means he ripped me off over $300. Do not work for this liar. And, I don't recommend eating there, either. They try to market their food as "healthy", yet they deep fat fry nearly everything. Even the bread. Nasty food!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 12:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Masala-World/Akron-Ohio/Masala-World-in-the-Akron-Summit-Mall-is-a-Rip-Off-Dont-work-for-these-people-or-eat-the-1078317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Masala World

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

He is just a disgruntuled former employee

AUTHOR: Anand - ()

I agree that I have hired him as an assistant manager, but we never agreed on $12/hr. We agreed on the fixed salary. I fired him because he lied about his chef's expereince and was not following our sanitary and cleanliness standards.

He hand wrote and signed a letter stating that he has and he will not defame my restaurant and I don't owe him any more money, but what can you expect from a dishonest worker, who has nothing better to do with this life.

if he presists, I will take legal action against him.