Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Updated: Thu, May 01, 2014

• Reported By: Sara — Midland City Alabama
Massage Envy
3430 West Main StreetSuite 1 Dothan, Alabama USA

Massage Envy Bait and Switch---They want the contracts signed but do not deliver. Dothan Alabama

Just to update and amend the previous conplaint I made yesterday. I just read over my previous complaint and I left out some details. I was told $39. a month for massages, but when I came out of the massage room, they had me a contract waiting for me to sign. It was $59.99 a month. After I said I understood it to be $39. a month I was told that the $39 was for an additional massage if one was not enough. I asked what the average tip was and was told $12. Also, I could transfer my $59.99 massaage to someone else but it would cost $10 transfer fee plus the tip of $12. So, if I were to transfer my $60 massage + $10 process fee + $12 tip that would = $82 and they would be harrassing whoever I sent in for a membership too....and if they got treted like I was--they would only get the 30 minute shoulder rub with hand sanitizer by a guy who had smelly hands. Ewww....I'm sorry but that just does not sit well with me.

No way would I put someone I love in that position and pay Massgae Envy $82.00 for harassing them into signing a contract.

So, today I went to my bank to get my signed cancellation nortorized but they could not do it because I already signed it. However, I didn't see it but the date was put on the contract, so I just want to make that clear. After thinking about it...I don't think they were going to try to say I had a contract with them because they did put the date at the top of the contract.

However, the bank manager did recommend that I get a new debit card to be on the safe side because of the way they have charged so many people. What I have read is: Once they get your money, you would have a hard time getting it back. So now I am in a mess...I have to call all my automatic debited accountas and inform them what I have done before they all start tring to charge me fees for not getting thweir money. Just another domino effect hassle of dealing with these people.

When I checked out after getting my massage I had a $25 balance left on my gift certificate. I guess the massage therapist got that. They sure were not going to give the balance to me.

I am still going to get massages, but not at a BIG corporation type of atmosphere more intrested in getting the money/contracts ...instead of helping people relax and get what they paid for. I will stick with the small independant massage therapist who only charge $60--$80 an hour instead of $100.00 plus $20 tip for a quick shoulder run with hand sanitizer. I'm going to cater to the small guy-- someone who delivers and does what they say and cares if I come back or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2014 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-/Dothan-Alabama-36305/Massage-Envy-Bait-and-Switch-They-want-the-contracts-signed-but-do-not-deliver-Dothan-1143410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy