Complaint Review: Massage Envy - Ballantyne

• Submitted: Thu, September 10, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 10, 2009

• Reported By: Disgruntled Tarheel — Mt Holly North Carolina USA
Massage Envy - Ballantyne
14835 Ballantyne Village Way Suite 160 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Massage Envy - Ballantyne does not fulfill contractual services after a person cancels their membership. They are just in it for the money! Charlotte, North Carolina

I started the Massage Envy Wellness Program in April of 2008 and understood that $49.00 would be drafted out of my checking account monthly.  In January, 2009 I realized I was not using this service like I thought I would when I initially signed up, but knew that I had pre-paid for massages that I would use later.

I cancelled my membership with Massage Envy - Ballantyne, Charlotte, NC on 03/30/09 with a representative at their front desk on the phone.   At no time was I told I needed to fill out a form to cancel my membership.  When I signed up for their so called Wellness Program it states that a person may cancel at anytime (this is also on the Massage Envy website).  I was told that my membership would be cancelled over the phone.

In April 10, 2009 I noticed that another $49.00 was drafted from my account, so I called again and was told that I had to fill out paperwork.  I asked for the paperwork to be faxed to me and I would complete and fax back.  At no time was I told that I had until May 1, 2009 to use all my accrued massages (4).

Today, September 10, 2009, I called to get a massage.  I was told that my account had been cancelled and that I did not have (4) massages.  I was put on hold for approximately 15 minutes (apparently the person did not know the answer) and was then informed that I had only 30 days.....to use all my massages or they were forfeited.....

THIS PLACE IS A RIP-OFF AND ACTUALLY THEY DO NOT GIVE GOOD TREATMENTS ANYWAY.....DO NOT USE THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A SO CALLED PROFESSIONAL MASSAGE THERAPY CENTER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-Ballantyne/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28277/Massage-Envy-Ballantyne-does-not-fulfill-contractual-services-after-a-person-cancels-t-492840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy - Ballantyne