Complaint Review: Massage Envy-Olivette

• Submitted: Wed, July 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 07, 2010

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
Massage Envy-Olivette
9616 Olive St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Massage Envy-Olivette advertise to have 1hr massage, but you only get 50 mins. St. Louis Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Commonsense

*UPDATE Employee: from an employee

*Consumer Comment: This should have been explained from the beginning

I bought a membership under the assumption I would getting a one hour message, but really I found out you only get 50 minutes. 5 minutes for consultation and 5 minutes to put your clothes on. this written inside the membership paperwork after you have purchased it.

Morene
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-Olivette/St-Louis-Missouri-63132/Massage-Envy-Olivette-advertise-to-have-1hr-massage-but-you-only-get-50-mins-St-Louis-M-466903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy-Olivette

Commonsense

AUTHOR: Dj-former victim of mr shawkey - (U.S.A.)

Any LMT be they in business for themselves or in facility providing services with others will tell ya the same thing. an hour isnt an hour period. The hour gives them enough time to keep on schedule so that they can block in 1hr and 30min groupings as needed to allow time to clean the room and whatnot and get it ready for the next.  While they probably should have told you you probably should have asked and not assumed because ya know what happens when ya assume dontcha ;)

from an employee

AUTHOR: amandan - (United States of America)

I work at Massage Envy as a therapist and I admit someone should have told you when you booked your appointment that the session was only 50 minutes hands on.  But all the signs and commercials say you pay for a 1 hour session.  No where does it say 1 hour hands on.  A session consists on evaluation, time to undress, and time to dress.  Any place you see that says "one hour session", that's usually close to what it means.  They didn't rip you off, that's corporate policy.  Every ME in the country has to follow it.

AUTHOR: Stacyjo615 - (U.S.A.)

When I initially called Massage Envy to make my first appointment, the person I spoke with informed me that it is a 50 minute massage with a 5 minute consultation prior to the massage and then a 5 minute dressing afterward. Also, when I showed up for my appointment, it was reiterated to me the exact same thing. There isn't any kind of scam or misinformation, it is the fault of the clinic you visited that they did not explain this to you prior to your first visit. Also, if you had a massage prior to signing up for the membership this would have been outlined up front instead of you having to find out on your own by reading the contract.