Complaint Review: Massage Envy - River Oaks

• Updated: Sat, January 23, 2010

• Reported By: GLS — Houston Texas United States of America
Massage Envy - River Oaks
1556 W. Gray Houston, Texas United States of America

Massage Envy - River Oaks RIP OFF CAN'T CANCEL WITH OUT GIVING MORE MONEY Houston, Texas

DO NOT GIVE MASSAGE ENVY YOUR CREDIT CARD. I've had a membership for 4 years. My credit card info changed and the day after the monthly charge was suppose to come out, they suspended my account and left a rude voicemail on my cell phone. When I called someone told me that I could handle it the next day when I come in for my massage. The manager called me that night and told me that unless I gave new credit card information over the phone, my account would remain suspended and my appointment canceled which infuriated me.

I decided to cancel my membership, then she said, you can't cancel unless you're current on your payments, and I repeated, "you mean I can't cancel unless I give you another $49, even though I have 10+ prepaids sitting there unused" and she said "that's right" and that if I don't pay my information will be sent to a collection agency, etc. Plus I lose all those prepaid (probably $500 worth). Also, if I paid the $49, and then canceled, I would only have about 1 month to use the 10+ prepaids, or lose them if unused.

I'VE READ MANY MANY SIMILAR STORIES. THIS IS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES.

DON'T SIGN UP THERE, YOU CAN'T CANCEL, LIKE THEY VERBALLY TELL YOU. THE MASSAGES ARE ONLY 50 MINUTES, NOT AN HOUR. THE THERAPISTS ARE MEDIOCRE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2010 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-River-Oaks/Houston-Texas-77019/Massage-Envy-River-Oaks-RIP-OFF-CANT-CANCEL-WITH-OUT-GIVING-MORE-MONEY-Houston-Texas-558994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy - River Oaks