Complaint Review: Massage Envy Spa

• Reported By: Binks — Marina del Rey California United States of America
Massage Envy Spa
Westlake Village, California United States of America

Massage Envy Spa Automatic Rip Off!!! Westlake Village California

I went with a friend to the Massage Envy Spa Westlake Village,CA.  They did not disclose the fact that if we signed up for a 6 month program that they really meant in perpetuity!  I never got a copy of any contract that I signed which is my responsibility. But when I called to cancel, I found out that I had inadvertantly signed (or so they say) an automatic renewal clause that would keep my account going so really defeated my specific request of limiting my membership to only 6 months. Hey and if I signed up in November wouldnt the 6 months be up in April??? But according to the folks at Massage Envy, my six months is up at the end of June.  Can they not count?  Since when does 6 months really mean 8?  In what reality?  Then when there is a massage envy spa two minutes from my home in Marina del Rey they tell me if I want to stop the automatic renewal clause, I must trek out to westlake village to do so.

Worst customer service ever. Is anyone interested in filing a class action against this firm?  I always thought automatic renewal clause were required to be disclosed or bolded in the contract.

Stay awaw fromthis company, there are alot of better massage places out there that actually charge way less than massage envy.

Good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2011 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-Spa/Westlake-Village-California-/Massage-Envy-Spa-Automatic-Rip-Off-Westlake-Village-California-713005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy Spa