• Report: #761994

Complaint Review: Massage Envy (Western Washington)

• Submitted: Sun, August 07, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, August 07, 2011

• Reported By: Unhappy Customer — Renton Washington United States of America
Massage Envy (Western Washington)
1205 North 10th St. Suite C Renton, Washington United States of America

Massage Envy (Western Washington) Massage Envy Ripp Off Renton, Washington

Now I have long ago thought that Massage Envy was a rip off.  I went in had a massage because of their cheap price.  Cheap is the operative word.  The massage was very light and it was obviouse that the therapist was new.  My complaints started with the high pressure tactict to get me to sign up for monthly membership.  Then went to the inexperienced massage.  Then the sign stating that my massage was worth more money than I paid and please tip apropriately, Then here is the Final Straw.  They state that I was recieving a 1-hour massage.  Their small print does say that their hour is "50 minutes" and includes dress and undress time.  So that's what my expectation was for.   But they put me in the room and left me their for 10 minutes.  I know because I looked at my watch and started the stop watch.  I recieved 29 minutes of hands on massage.  At witch time I stoped the stop watch.  I got dressed and left the building exactly 42 minutes after I enter the room.  29 minutes is not a hour massage by any clock that I have ever used.  I then tried several other massage envy's in the area and found that this is the normal routine.

I believe ever unhappy Monthly customer should start a class action lawsuit on these grounds.  As a monthly member it is easy to track how much money they have spent.  And easy to come up with a value for the time they have had ripped off.  I believe that if this was done massage envy could be put out of business.

I will never go to massage envy again.   I have since ran into several other members who say that they too experience the same Rip Off and have found they charge us for missed appointments but don't do anything when they cancel on us.  I was canceled on at least 3 times.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2011 01:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy-Western-Washington/Renton-Washington-98057/Massage-Envy-Western-Washington-Massage-Envy-Ripp-Off-Renton-Washington-761994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy (Western Washington)