Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 07, 2008

• Reported By:Humble Texas
Massage Envy
19250 W. Lake Houston Parkway Humble, Texas U.S.A.

Massage Envy Never give this company your credit card number! Humble Texas

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: wrong

After having my first massage at an introductory price, the pressure to sign a contract began. I told them I wasn't interested in a long contract. I was about to leave the building when they hit me with a special last minute offer. Just three more massages in the next three months at a reasonable price. Why not, huh?

My sweet husband wrote them a check in full. The girl said she needed his credit card number. My husband asked why. She said they just needed it until our check cleared the bank. She assured us that she would then destroy and discard the credit card number.

Before I even had my last massage, a charge showed up on our credit card statement. My furious husband called Massage Envy and was told that we didn't cancel our contract in the specified time. What?? Cancel what contract? I paid in full for just three massages. The very fine print states that they will continue to extend your contract.

They never could have done this to us with out that credit card number. Never, never, never give them that information. Pay only in cash. Do not believe them. Do not fall for their promises. They are still charging us monthly - and they say there is nothing that can be done. I guess this is how they make their money. Shame on them.

Toni
Humble, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 01:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/Humble-Texas-77346/Massage-Envy-Never-give-this-company-your-credit-card-number-Humble-Texas-331032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

wrong

AUTHOR: massage envy employee - ()

actually, the part of the agreement that says it will autorenew is the first paragraph - not in any "fine print" and is the first line that you have to INITIAL that you understand.

sorry that you don't read anything you sign, but - that's your fault