Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Reported By: SSW — Seminole Florida
Massage Envy
10609 Ulmerton Rd Largo, Florida United States of America

Massage Envy Unethical Practices - Blatant Lies Largo, Florida

I was encouraged to sign a contract for my daughter with Massage Envy. I was apprehensive due to the fact that she was a minor. I finally did so only after being assured that there would be no issues with the contract being in a minor's name (12 years old at the time) and that she would be able to schedule & attend her appointments alone without issue. I explained to them that I would not always be with her since I work during the day and she is home schooled so she has greater scheduling availability. They ASSURED me that this would not be an issue but also informed me that she would be the only individual able to use the massages.

They have been billing my credit card each month for the agreed upon amount but due to travel and medical conditions my daughter had not yet used any massages. When she finally called to make an appointment she was informed that due to her age she could not come for any appointment unless she had a parent who came with her and was physically present in the room during the session.

This is completely different information than was provided when the coerced me into signing a contract for 12 months. They blatantly lied to me in order to get me into a contract that is of no use to my daughter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/Largo-Florida-33771/Massage-Envy-Unethical-Practices-Blatant-Lies-Largo-Florida-1045857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy