Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Reported By: Mike Murphy —
Massage Envy
fm 544 Murphy, Texas United States of America

Massage Envy Gift card scam Murphy, Texas

*Consumer Comment: you can get better massages

*Author of original report: Update - Management resolved issue

Massage Envy in Murphy sold my wife gift cards for 2 free massages.  She gave one to me and the other to our son.  I know my son used his gift card for massages so he must have agreed to give them his credit card number which they claim is required to used the gift cards.  I refused to give them a credit card to "activate" the gift card.  They refused my use of the card for the agreed services (3 massages).  I will be filing complaints with the Dallas Better Business Bureau and if possible the Texas Attorney General.  This could potentially be a scam to sign me up for a membership of some kind and auto charge my credit card.  I was also told there are no refunds for gift cards.  So if I can't use a prepaid service and can't get the money refunded isn't that potentially fraud or theft?  I will review my son's credit card for charges and if I find any I will pusue recourse against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/Murphy-Texas-75094/Massage-Envy-Gift-card-scam-Murphy-Texas-1037939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy

you can get better massages

AUTHOR: mr default - ()

for cash.

Update - Management resolved issue

AUTHOR: Mike Murphy - ()

The manager for the Massage Envy in Murphy Texas resolved my issue. Apparently the front desk staff was not fully aware of how to activate gift cards when a person does not want to become a member. I've been told my gift card will be honored for the purchased number of massages.