Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Reported By: TravelingRN — Columbus Georgia United States of America
Massage Envy
6601 N. Davis Hwy Suite 37A Pensacola, Florida United States of America

Massage Envy No Contract Cancellation Pensacola, Florida

July of 2010 I was on temporary assignment to the panhandle of Florida area. I entered the establishment in Pensacola, Fl and explained to the clerk that I was not a resident of the state and that my permanent address did not have a facility within 50 miles. I was assured that I could cancel the contract at any time with proof of permanent address. I proceeded to fill out the application and with in 3 months I contacted Massage Envy in Pensacola, Fl and I was informed I could not cancel my contract at all regardless of my permanent address. I was given an option to have discounted rate monthly with an inactive status. Thus, paying for services not rendered nor available.
The other option was to submit letter from medical doctor. No- I will not submit false medical documentation.
The last option was to find an address greater than 50 miles and submit a bill to them indicating I did not have a facility near by. So, in short, I needed to change a bill- illegally and have it sent to an arbitrary address, then submit that proof to the facility in order to have my contract cancelled.
It is now one year later and I have had $ 54.00 a month taken from my checking account. I have called numerous times to cancel via phone, even in person. I was told today after 6 months of failed return calls or attempts: "you must submit a certified letter indicating you would not like to auto renew"
I can't even log a complaint on the parent website- r/t franchise.
This is ridiculous!
I certainly hope this gets through to Massage Envy proprietors and corporate.
Very Misleading.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2011 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/Pensacola-Florida-32504/Massage-Envy-No-Contract-Cancellation-Pensacola-Florida-752351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy