Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Updated: Sun, February 16, 2014

• Reported By: rafiki — Plano Texas
Massage Envy
6101 Avenue K Suite #160 Plano, Texas USA

Massage Envy Don't Do Business With This Compny. They DO NOT disclose the conditions of membership Plano Texas

I was seeking massage therapy for my son who is an athlete.  I walked into Massage Envy and was given the sales pitch about how much I could save if I started a membership.  At that time I expressed reluctance since it would be a “one year” membership and my son would be leaving for college in June.  I was assured that while I would need to fulfill the “one year” commitment, I would be allowed to transfer it to myself.  At no time in any conversation was I informed that I would be committing myself to have my credit card charged for the rest of my life unless I could prove that I had moved or if I provided a letter from MY physician stating that I could not have massages.   My son had a total of 4 visits (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr).  In July I contacted the business and reminded them of our agreement that the remainder of the “one year” could be transferred to myself.  I called twice and was told the manager would call me back.  In October (they have continued to charge me $60 a month) I called and said I wanted to cancel the “membership”.  This is when I am told that I cannot “cancel”.  I can bring a letter from my doctor and they will “consider” it.   At this point I am enraged but decide that I will simply accept that fact that I will have to pay the $60 for Oct, Nov and Dec.  I discover in January that They have continued to put charges on my credit card.  This was not a “ONE YEAR” membership as I was told initially.  According to them I can be charged FOREVER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2014 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/Plano-Texas-75024/Massage-Envy-Dont-Do-Business-With-This-Compny-They-DO-NOT-disclose-the-conditions-of-1123970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy