Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Updated: Mon, February 22, 2010

• Reported By: anonymous — Salt Lake City Utah United States of America
Massage Envy
655 East 400 South Suite B Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Massage Envy (SLC, UT) Knowingly Welcomes Back Clients Who Are Sexually Inappropriate Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: And?

I was a massage therapist for Massage Envy for 18 months. In Dec '09, I had a (regular, repeat) male client intentionally expose his genitals to me during a massage. He pulled the drape up and across his pelvis. I yanked it back down, and before I could even walk out the door, he did it again.

I ended the session early and complained to management. Management assured me they would cancel his membership. A month later (Jan, '10), I saw him walking down the hallway on his way to get another massage at our clinic.

I asked management what had happened. They said that they explained to him that his behavior was inappropriate (did they mention illegal?) and he said he was sorry, so they decided not to cancel his membership.

I quit, since I will not work for a company that knowingly places their therapists (and other clients) at risk for sexual harrasment or sexual assault. This client was welcomed back, so it stands to reason that many others have been as well.

Massage is a liscenced, theraputic pratice trying to rise above its sorrid associations. Massage Envy sends the message to clients and its therapists that behavior of the sort exhibited by my former client is appropriate. It's not, so don't work there, and don't get massage there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84102/Massage-Envy-SLC-UT-Knowingly-Welcomes-Back-Clients-Who-Are-Sexually-Inappropriate-Sal-573098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy

And?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You of course reported it to the police right?