isolated

Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Stressed Customer — Long Beach California United States of America
Massage Envy
12340 Seal Beach Boulevard Internet United States of America

Massage Envy Would not cancel contract, Autopay after cancelled, $885 payment attempt 1 year after contract Internet

I signed up for a monthly massage contract with the ability to cancell during a specified time period. I decided to cancell and contacted them to find out the process. I went in to sign the cancellation paper and was told it would be processed. Two months later a change for service was taken from my debit card and two days later a charge for two more months of service was taken. I did not notice until all three chanrges were taken from acct. I contacted them but was told the service was never cancelled. When I went back to Massage Envy they said my account was placed on hold not cancelled because I did not do it within the appropriate time period. This was untrue, the cancellation had been done but was not processed.  The manager tried to say she was unable to cancell the contract this late in the contract and I could use the massages for previous months if I bring the account current. [continued below]....
..... I refused and told her I will not be paying anymore on this account as the error was on their part. I did contact my bank and was able to dispute and reverse the charges.  It has been over a year since this issue and the other day Massage Envy attempted to charge my card $885. Luckly it did not go through. I have again contacted Massage Envy and they calim they have "No idea why and who would have charged my card". I was unable to speak to the manager, not suprised, and have not got the requested call back from the manager or the Franchise owner. Intresting they calim I owe the for 9 months of payment on my contract that was never cancelled. They offered for me to use the nine massages if I bring my account current. I have talked with many people in my neighborhood that have had similar issues with this location. STAY AWAY- do not get pulled in by the promotional offer- DO NOT sign contract, it will never end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Envy/internet/Massage-Envy-Would-not-cancel-contract-Autopay-after-cancelled-885-payment-attempt-1-y-952813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Envy