Complaint Review: Massage Heights

• Submitted: Wed, May 16, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, May 21, 2012

• Reported By: customer — Bedford New Hampshire United States of America
Massage Heights
13750 US Hwy 281 North, Suite 230 Bedford, New Hampshire United States of America

Massage Heights Continued to Debit Account after Contract End Bedford, New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Massage Heights Continued...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Want To Resolve This With You

Over a year ago I signed a six month contract with Massage Heights.  The pressure was on to sign for a full year, but they did agree with me signing just for six months.  I explained that I wanted to try the service before committing to a longer period of time.

Massage Heights continued to debit my account, after the six months, without my permission.  By the time I realized, four months had passed.  I called Massage Heights and was told that they would stop debiting my account, but that I had to use all four massages in one month, or lose them.  I asked if I could bring my daughter in for her birthday-they said no.  When they explained why, I could see their point.  I asked for my money back, but they said no.  We ended the conversation, unpleasantly, thus I felt uncomfotable going there to use four massages in 30 days.  Besides, I was told when I first signed up that they only recommend one massage monthly.  Nevertheless it was agreed that they would no longer debit my account, but I would have to come in four times in April, 2012.

I was unhappy with many aspects of Massage Heights, such as staff turnover, needing to schedule appointments far in advance, and their tipping policies.  There were other problems as well.

I just thought my contract would end, and that I could or could not renew.  Afterall, it was my money.

Despite their promise to stop debiting my account, they continued, so I again called.  Again, I got no customer satisfaction and told the manager I would be contacting the consumer rights and hung up.  Someone from Massage Heights called me over and over and over.  Two days later I received a certified letter with a check for one month.  I have not cashed it, as they owe me over $300.00.

In their defense, the front desk help were very nice and the facility was clean and inviting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2012 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-Heights/Bedford-New-Hampshire-03110/Massage-Heights-Continued-to-Debit-Account-after-Contract-End-Bedford-New-Hampshire-883461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage Heights

Massage Heights Continued...

AUTHOR: customer - (United States of America)

I do not believe that the Bedford, NH manager of Massage Heights' efforts at resolution are in earnest.

Repeated phone calls to me telling me that they will not refund my money is not working towards preserving customer relations.  Requiring that I use five massages in one month, or lose them, is not working towards preserving customer relations.  Massage Heights, you know my address.  I will graciously accept one half of what you owe me.  This is how conflict resolution works-it is a give and take process.  This is a WIN-WIN for both of us.  I look forward to getting a check in the mail.  Can I plan on you?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Want To Resolve This With You

AUTHOR: Massage Heights - (United States of America)

We would like to discuss and resolve this with you, and our attempts to connect with you have been unsuccessful.  We greatly value our guests and I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further.  As the owner, please feel free to call me directly at the retreat at your earliest convenience.

Amy Calandra