Complaint Review: Massage envy

• Reported By: 805guy — Oxnard California
Massage envy
655 Town Center Dr Oxnard, California USA

Massage envy Gift card pricing rip off Oxnard California

My mother-in-law bought me a gift card for a one hour massage at whatever the price was for a one hour massage.  I went to the local massage envy by my house to use the gift card fora massage.  When I arrived, I had to fill out some forms since I had never been there before.  After I had filled out all my info, the massage therapist took me back to getmy massage.  Once my massage was over I got my stuff together and headed out.  Of course, before I left they tried to get more to sign up for a membership which I quickly turned down and left.

When I got home my mother-in-law asked how it went and I said I liked it.  A few weeks later she wanted to get me another gift card for the same one hour massage.  When she went in to get it the lady at the front desk asked if I had been there before to which she replied yes.  The lady at the front desk then preceded to tell her that since I had been there before he price was basically going to be doubled of what she paid last time for the same massage. Basically unless you sign up for a membership she would not be able to get that price ever again.   Massage envy jacks up their prices to make you sign up for a membership.  I will NEVER go here again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Massage-envy/Oxnard-California-93036/Massage-envy-Gift-card-pricing-rip-off-Oxnard-California-1083949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Massage envy