Complaint Review: Mastec,

• Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: AllComData — Fall River Massachusetts United States of America
Mastec,
29 blaine st fall river, Massachusetts United States of America

Mastec, Directv, System1Digital Money grubbing theives fall river, Massachusetts

*General Comment: Mastec/Nsoro

*General Comment: installers

I have been a Directv sub contractor for 10+ years. But i still never learn or just always prey for the best. Halsted communication, mobile pro which is now mastec, has been rippin off thier workers for years and have made millions of dollars stealing our money. They call it "back-charges". If i came to your house and installed DIRECTV, and you didnt have home phone service, i would have to pay out of my pocket. we are supposed to meet a quote. 45% of our customers MUST have a landline. if we dont meet that they deduct 25$ per job that we did that week.

On top of that, if a cust. calls DTV with a problem, and a tech has to come out within 90 days no matter what the problem is, if its my fault or not, thats a 45$ deduct. 7 days is a 150$ deduct. if a cust calls in to find when their tech is gunna arrive, guess what? another deduction. at the end of the week im makin less than minimum wage and workin 60, 70 hours  a week. plus we pay for our own gas. there are more deductions but il be here all day talking about this.

Screw MASTEC, HALSTED, MOBILE PRO, SYSTEM1DIGITAL. AND WHITEY i want my money!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2011 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mastec/fall-river-Massachusetts-02723/Mastec-Directv-System1Digital-Money-grubbing-theives-fall-river-Massachusetts-770484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mastec,

#1 General Comment

Mastec/Nsoro

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I'm a small business owner working on current contracts with Mastec/Nsoro in the cellular market. So the contract states invoices will be paid net30 but it really turns into net75+. Must be how they made $97.4 million net profit in the first three quarters of 2011, by ripping off their contractors and employees.

#2 General Comment

installers

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

What a lot of people don't understand . Is that the dealer takes the biggest risk.  If for what ever reason the customer cancels their service while under contract. Then the dealer gets charged back for the equipment and the installation .

I had a friend who was totally a Directv Dealer . Who got charged back for a two month period a total of 60000.00 dollars. I heard of another dealer in the state who was strickly a Dish Network Dealer. Who got charged back 18000.00 dollars  and he ended up closing his doors.  Another friend I know got charge back from Directv 30000.00 dollars.

So what ever rules that Directv and Dish Network make is what the dealer has to follow. The only control I have is on my installs that I do myself. Directv requires thier installer to give a 90 day install warranty. Dish Network requires their dealers to give a 6 month install warranty. But I give a 1 year warranty for my work.  I'm no longer a Directv Dealer because of their quotta of 24 new installs per quarter.

But the ones who have it the  hardest . Are the installers that work for a big company . Over the years I have talked to quite a few installers. Most of them have to work long hours . They  have to supply the coax, connectors, just mainly all the installation materials. The ones I got to talk to told me . That all they got paid was anywhere form 60.00 to 100.00 dollars to do the install. One friend told me he was paying his installer 75.00 a day and he had to do 2 to 3 installs a day.

I went out on a Directv service call a few years ago . Where by the customer told me that the original installer . Explained to him he because of all the charge backs that he got. That he didn't have any money for lunch. The customer paid for his lunch . I dont know how true that was, but any case the installer should be making enough to by his  own lunch.

The first installer test I took way back when Directv was getting started.  We were
told that the reason that the existing dealers had to take it . Was they wanted to be fair to those who knew nothing about satellite installation. That they knew  we C-Band dealer knew what we were doing. But they still wanted to be fair to those who didn't know how to do an install.

The last test I took for Directv was when Directway came out with their 2 box system. I got a 100 on the test. From what I understand of it now the installer has to pay 150.00 dollars to take the test. Then every year after that 75.00 dollars to retake the test.

Frankly the installer are only taught to assemble ,install dish and connect dish to receivers. Their training doesn't prepare them for what is out in the field. When you tell the installer that certian things are illegal to do on the install. Then the installer tell the customer that is illegal to do. It make it sound like connecting the vcr is against the law.

I read an article where by a servcie tech came out and told the customer the vcr being connected was illegal . He removed the vcr from the system and the customer called the original installer to have him reconnect it.

I realize the installer and tech's are getting it from both ends . Company's that don't care and customer's who don't understand.

I once had a customer tell me he " didn't give a rats a*s if he got an installation warranty " .  I've had customer who wont even hardly do a walk thru with me during the install. Then as a installer I'm to explain everything to the customer and when the job is done. I place a contract in front of them to sign and they don't even read it.

I realize that their are customers who have been lied to and cheated . Just like installers have been taken advantage of.

Communication is everything. Customers need to call around and ask the same questions to all the dealers and installers. Installers need to explain everthing to the customer about what they know about the equipment,  the promotion and the installation.

The last time I cared to look . I had a less than 1% turn off rate of new customers under contract with Dish Network. I've been in the satellite business for 27 years.  Also I was a Air Traffic Control Radar Repair, worked for PTS reparing tv's, I've repaired satellite receivers for customer's and other dealers over the years, for the past 12 years while doing satellite installs. I was helping a friend install Tornado Sirens.

Back in the 1980's I knew a dealer who would go out after the install . Find the tiniest problems like the installer should have used 2 more wire ties  and then deduct big money from what he owed the installers. Somethings don't ever change.