Complaint Review: Master Cuts

• Updated: Sat, August 03, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Ohio
Master Cuts
Belden Village Mall/ Westfield Shopping Center Canton, Ohio USA

Master Cuts Master Cuts "stylists" at Belden Village Mall/ Westfield Shopping Center do NOT know how to cut or dye hair!!! Canton Ohio

I naturally have light ash brown hair. I had highlights put in at another salon, but decided I wanted to go back to my natural color.  So I went to Master Cuts salon in the Belden Village Mall (aka Westfield Shopping Center) in Canton, OH.  I simply asked the "stylist" to dye my hair the same color as my roots, and give me a basic trim.  She then proceded to dye my hair jet black and then cut it very crooked!  I mean my hair was actually two inches longer on one side than the other side!  I asked her why she dyed it black, and she said "That's the right shade. You probably don't know what color your hair naturally is."

So I'm like "Really??? I just highlighted it a couple months ago. And I think I know what color my hair is."  I was so upset!  I went back to the salon the next day with my daughter and said "Look at her hair. This is the color of my natural hair- light brown. [continued below]....

....."  And the manager told me "No it's not."  They were really that arrogant!  The manager and stylist then got right up in my face and began acting very low class towards me, and they made a huge scene trying to make me feel stupid.  They wouldn't back down, and they continued their loud mouth attitudes for about ten minutes, until they noticed that some potential cliets were exiting the salon.

So the manager eventually told me that the black dye may fade over time, and that they didn't know how to fix it.  They did have another lady even out my haircut though.  But they refused to refund any of the money I spent for cutting and dying my hair!  So I spent over $100 for hairdye, haircut and blowdry, and am stuck with awful looking hair.  After that humiliating experience, I will never step foot in another Master Cuts as long as I live, and neither will any of my family and friends.  Master Cuts truly is the most unprofessional place of business that I've ever been in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Master-Cuts/Canton-Ohio/Master-Cuts-Master-Cuts-stylists-at-Belden-Village-Mall-Westfield-Shopping-Center-do-N-1072866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Master Cuts