Complaint Review: Master Matchmakers

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2008

• Reported By:Central New Jersey
Master Matchmakers
2 Penn Plaza Suite 200 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Master Matchmakers Previously Known As "Just In Time" Beware - Fraud Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Sold as an exclusive personal matchmaking service with "tons" of men in their database - this arrangement quickly devolved into me dealing with an angry and belligerent JoAnn Ward and a bullying Steve Ward.

This mother and son business is not what they promise.

They promised matches with men in my age range and in my geographical area. This never happened. Not one match.

I agreed to meet with one gentleman even though he lived too far -- beyond the distance agreed to when I signed the contract. I learned on our 'date' that he was told I was in my late 30's (I'm 47). Nice.

When I questioned the lack of men JoAnn said things like "you live in the boonies!" (I live in densely populated central New Jersey). Her son eventually told me, after I continued to pursue the issue "we just don't have men in our service that find you attractive". He actually put this in an email to me.

Now, I am may not be a gorgeous model but I am certainly no slouch. But that is besides the point. When JoAnn and Steve met me they said there were 'tons' of men who would love to meet me. I was "adorable", "looked younger than my age", etc... Now suddenly I am not attractive?

This was intimidation plain and simple. They had my money. Now they wanted me to leave them alone and stop complaining.

I signed up with this service because I am busy and I thought it would help me meet eligible, available, 'quality' men. Wow. That is so not what these people are about.

These people are liars. They are rude and they get ugly fast. Eventually I reported them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). It seems they have had plenty of other complaints as well.

If only I had checked with BBB first!

K.
Central, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Master-Matchmakers/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/Master-Matchmakers-Previously-Known-As-Just-In-Time-Beware-Fraud-Philadelphia-Pennsylv-341800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Master Matchmakers