Complaint Review: MasterCard

• Reported By: Jo Anne Vandegriff — Santa Monica California
MasterCard
, Select State/Province USA

MasterCard Is Any One Else Having Trouble With Gift CArd Activation California

It is premature for me to make any accusations against Mastercard, but I just want to know if anyone else out there has had trouble getting a MasterCard gift card activated within 24 hours after purchase or after contacting MasterCard customer service reps when they found their card was not activated as it should have been at the point of sale computer.

I bought a gift Mastercard for $25.00 with activation fee of $3.99 on 5-9-14, and it did not activate after 24 hours.  Their customer service rep told me to fax certain info their activation department, and I did that on 5/12/14.  Still my gift card has not been activated as of 5/14/14.  I will give it a few more days and then send a letter to MasterCard Corporate if it has not been activated.

At this point I will give MasterCard the benefit of the doubt that they are just overwhelmed with similar issues or maybe my fax did not make it there  But maybe others are having the same trouble and need someone to relate to.  It cost me $2.00 to fax my info because I had to use a public fax machine, and that is half the activation fee so I am having to pay twice almost for activation.  I realize this is not a huge amount of money, but one has to be careful with these big corporations

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MasterCard/Select-StateProvince/MasterCard-Is-Any-One-Else-Having-Trouble-With-Gift-CArd-Activation-California-1146673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MasterCard