Complaint Review: Mastercraft door sold at Menards

• Updated: Sat, December 12, 2009

• Reported By: yurah2005 — lindstrom Minnesota United States of America
Mastercraft door sold at Menards
5311 Kane Road Eau Claire, Wisconsin United States of America

Mastercraft door sold at Menards Midwest Manufacturing. The company does not take responsobility for the poor door quality and does not replace or refund you under the warranty Eau Claire, Wisconsin

I paid $1600 for the Mastercraft steel door at Menard's about five years ago and one of the reasons for my choice was the warranty that came with it, life time warranty. About one year later it developed leaks through the side lights, they were re caulked few times anyway water penetrated to the sub floor and to the door frame . The wood on the door frame on the bottom got soft and  rotten.
 I filed complaint to the Midwest Manufacturing and asked them to replace the door or the frame. The reply was not what I expected, they blamed the defects on me ( not proper maintenance?) and offered to send me not the door frame replacement but side lights frame, which makes no sense. After that I had a conversation by the phone with Louse Fox from Customer Service at Midwest Manufacturing and I understood that the company will not stand behind its warranty obligations, the only choice  I've got is to take new window frames and install them in the rotten door. Basically if you buy Mastercraft door you do not have the real warranty with it.
I have 24 windows and 6 exterior doors in my house, the Mastercraft door made by Midwest Manufacturing is the only door I have problems with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mastercraft-door-sold-at-Menards/-Eau-Claire-Wisconsin-WI-54703/Mastercraft-door-sold-at-Menards-Midwest-Manufacturing-The-company-does-not-take-responso-538408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mastercraft door sold at Menards