Complaint Review: Mastercraft door sold at Menards

• Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Disgusted — Big Rapids Michigan United States of America
Mastercraft door sold at Menards
Eau Claire, WI Big Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Mastercraft door sold at Menards Midwest Manufacturing RIP OFF, POOR QUALITY, BE WARNED! Big Rapids, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: seeworthy - sounding like a corporate shill

*Consumer Comment: My door did the same, but it wasn't the door.

*General Comment: Happy with Mastercraft

Unfortunately the people that usu read these have already been burned...Hopefully, my report will help one person before they spend money!  DO NOT BUY Mastercraft exterior doors (interior are cheap too).  They leak terribly.  We bgt 5 FIVE Mastercraft french doors to the tune of just under $4K, paid to have installed.  ALL LEAKED.  Menards flew their rep in from WI...he blamed install...caulked (some more) and declared "fixed".  Next big rain: LEAKS!!!  In fact, the glass around the Inside (interior) portion of the door...LEAKED!  Such poor quality.  Do not cave and buy b/c they are cheap...or think that ours is an isolated instance.  We purchased 5 and they were awful- have pics to back it.  If you buy via Special Order thru Menards...you're screwed.  Try to buy In-stock...or even better, shop (((competitor's name redacted))) or (((redacted))). [continued below]....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2009 05:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mastercraft-door-sold-at-Menards/Big-Rapids-Michigan-49307/Mastercraft-door-sold-at-Menards-Midwest-Manufacturing-RIP-OFF-POOR-QUALITY-BE-WARNED-B-538542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mastercraft door sold at Menards

seeworthy - sounding like a corporate shill

Your rebuttals in regards to the Mastercraft door complaint is misleading and actually does not address the issue as stated by the complaint.  First, mentioning date of posting to cast doubt on the truth of the complaint is a weak attempt at discrediting the original poster.  The poster may have posted the complaint in December but this issue could have happened during summer.  These kind of issues take time and the poster most likely took appropriate steps before posting his/her complaint on the internet.  Your immediate assumptions based on the date of the post shows either intentional subterfuge or immaturity on your part.

For the rest of your rebuttal, you talk about some personal experience that has nothing to do with the product and are based on again on false assumptions (such as date of posting).  It is clear that you are misdirection in order to cast doubt on the complaint.  Your final conclusion in which you insinuate on the posters interpersonal skills indicate that your limited intelligence will not let you post a proper rebuttal without misleading, redirecting and insulting (at this point I am stooping to your level).  Lokking at your rebuttal, you must be either a lawyer or a politician.  However, I suspect you are connected to the manufacturer.  Please convince the manufacturer to produce better products instead of posting dumb rebuttals.

Now, my experience with a Mastercraft front door with side light has been rather negative as well.  Several things of note:

Door was out of square.

Air leaks between glass and side light.

Flimsy construction between side light and door.

Luckily, with a very competent contractor and some disassembly on my part the door has been some what improved.  Remember,  you get what you pay for.  Mastercraft is cheap but so is the quality.

It's not the worst product but next time I will spend more money for a better door.

My door did the same, but it wasn't the door.

AUTHOR: seeworthy - (USA)

I noticed what appears to be new construction. I also noticed the complaint was made late December....in Michigan. Brrrrr!! Oh....does it rain in Michigan in December?

I built my house two years ago through a Minnesota winter. I had the identical symptoms. I also, curiously enough, had the same symptoms on the wall vapor barriers. You see, while the house was being built it was not necessary to continuously heat the interior. To conserve propane, the interior was only heated to a comfortable temperature while workers were inside or during processes such as grouting tile or mudding sheetrock. When the temperature was raised, the frozen condensation on the door interior would melt and drip to the floor. It was pretty obvious what was happening so I never mentioned it to the general contractor. After we took occupancy of our house, the 'leak' never occurred.

Perhaps you have some other bizarre situation, but I can't imagine anything serious enough to complain about. Even if it happens that interior melting frost was the problem (one in a million, I know), it doesn't appear that you would be the type to apologize for your vindictive slander. Perhaps I have reached the wrong conclusion there too.

Is it safe to assume that you have had many other similar 'ordeals' involving your house? If so, I sure hope your poor general contractor is being paid accordingly for the extra grief.

#3 General Comment

Happy with Mastercraft

AUTHOR: tmccaven - (United States of America)

I have 2 Mastercraft french doors in my home.

One was installed almost a year prior to the 2nd one.  I had no trouble with the 1st one. The 2nd one leaked after it was first installed, but after speaking with my installer and going over the installation instructions together, he had forgotten to caulk under the sill. He re-installed the door and now it does not leak. I am
very happy with my Mastercraft doors.