Complaint Review: Masterfile Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, January 05, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: Edmac880 — Portsmouth Virginia United States of America
Masterfile Corporation
3 Concorde Gate 4th Floor Toronto Ontario Canada Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Masterfile Corporation Extortion, Ripoff, Toronto, Ontario

I am a new business owner trying to earn a decent living while I attend college.  I had a web designer do my e-commerce web site.  The site is awful, unusable and I am having to have another company design a new site for me.  To say the least this venture has been a NIGHTMARE!!!!      Today I received a notice of Copyright infringement for a photograph the first designer used.  Masterfile out of Ontario Canada now wants me to pay $4,800 for the use of the photo.  They must be crazy.

Number one:  The design company should have known the photograph was copyrighted and not used it.

Number Two:  I the customer should not have to pay for the designers mistake or misjudgement.

lease be careful out there so you will not fall into this trap.

I will also be forwarding this correspondence to my state Attorney's General office.

Edmac880

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Masterfile-Corporation/Toronto-Ontario-M3C-3N7/Masterfile-Corporation-Extortion-Ripoff-Toronto-Ontario-818383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Masterfile Corporation