Complaint Review: Match.Com

• Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:cleveland Ohio
www.match.com/mobile Internet U.S.A.

Match.Com Charges Minor's Cell Phone Internet

MY minor child accidently filled out a form online, thinking he was going to get ringtones, but instead it is Match.com, and they are charging his cell phone ,fees. Since this is a pay by minute phone, he has been left with 0 minutes on several occasions.

They dont care how much is on the phone in "Minute-Dollar" amounts, they just send a text ( which you dont have to respond too) and snacth whatever money you have loaded onto the phone.

I have called Match.com several times and they claim to not be able to find the account, not even using the cell phone number. MY minor child cant remember the username or password, he used, so I am unable to go online to look it up to cancel. Strange how Match.com, cant locate the account using the cell phone number, since they send text messeging to it, advising him they are taking his funds off the phone.

The customer rep was so rude to me the first time,cutting me off, raising her voice, not listening to my reason for calling. When I hung up the phone, I had to regroup, I felt as if I had been assaulted by a stranger.

I do wonder how many others are victim of this same situation, and I am at lost as to how to get this to stop and get a refund.

We are affraid to put more minutes on the phone, for fear they will snatch them off, and beleive me, he is doing no internet, cell phone dating.
Shame on them, for not helping me, and forcing me to file this complaint.
Since this involves a minor child, there may be ohter recourses I can take.
We'll See

cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MatchCom/internet/MatchCom-Charges-Minors-Cell-Phone-Internet-449980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.Com