Complaint Review: Match.com

• Reported By: Betty — nipomo California United States of America
Match.com
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Match.com Match.com supports Nigerian scammers Dallas, Texas

I signed on to Match.com Saturday afternoon and paid my $66.00.  I went on this site because it is a paid site for dating, it's not free.  I thought this would make the site safer then free dating sites.My very first reply was from a Nigerian scammer.  He asked me to chat on yahoo and I saw him on webcam.  He confessed he is a scammer and used a credit card to go on match.com.  I called Match.com and requested a refund.  I was denied.  I spoke to a manager, I was denied a refund even though I was on for only maybe 90 minutes.   Well, thought I would give it another try since they would not refund me not even 2 out of the 3 months I paid in advance.I have been contacted by at least 4-5 scammers in a 24 hour period of time.  I have saved messages and Nigerian calls on my phone from these scammers.  Match.com does nothing to protect their customers and didn't even ask for the scammers id's. [continued below]....
..... I have paid 2 requests for a full refund.  They will not refund my money and take stolen credit cards from Nigeria to let these scammers come on Match.com with fake profile pictures.

You are not safe on Match.com and don't care how many scammers are on the site as long as they get their money.  Millions of dollars are stolen from Americans each year by Nigerian scammers and this has to stop.  Many innocent women fall victim all out of the name of love and Match.com does nothing about it.  Match.com is a waste of money and time.  I have spent my last 24 hours filtering out these scammers and calling Match.com with absolutely no help or care.
Don't believe their commercials.  Most of the men are Nigerian scammers stealing pictures of innocent people and trying to get at your money and Match.com is assisting them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2011 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/Dallas-Texas-25472/Matchcom-Matchcom-supports-Nigerian-scammers-Dallas-Texas-773042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com