Complaint Review: Match.com

Match.com
8300 Douglas Avenue # 800 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Match.com No Refund for unused time Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

I was unhappy with the service that match.com provided. I tried the service for almost a month. I was far from pleased. So I canceled the service. Well when I got no response from the email I sent I called in. I waited for someone to answer for close to 10 mins. When I finally got someone on  the phone I told her that I was unhappy with the service. I then told her that I wanted a refund of the unused time. She then told me that I would not be refunded because it was company policy. She then told me that once you have used the service that you are no longer eligible for a refund. Now how am I supposed to know if I like the service if I don't use it first. As far as I'm concerned that is some BS. I even said the same thing to a manager. When I told them that I would report this crap because it is just a way for them to con people into a service they cannot give a guarantee will work. They didn't even care that I was going to report the company for unethical practices. I would never ever recommend the use of the match.com dating service. If you do use it don't pay for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2011 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/Dallas-Texas-75225/Matchcom-No-Refund-for-unused-time-Dallas-Texas-801330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com

Huh?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Where did they treat you unethically? Did you bother reading the terms of agreement when you signed up? Did you bother going over them again before terminating your membership early from your end? They owed you nothing. Zilch. Nada. You screwed yourself and should've just played with the membership until it expired.